Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apples Third public beta of iOS 13, iPadOS, tvOS 13, and macOS Catalina

TheGreyApe
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 56 Posts
  • 21 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The third public beta builds for iOS 13, iPadOS, tvOS 13, and macOS Catalina are now available and being distributed via the company's beta program. If you're already enrolled, then hang back and wait for the over-the-air rollout to reach your device.

iOS 13 public beta 3 brings with it a new icon for voice messages in the Messages app, a new rearrange apps button that shows up when you long-press an app, interface tweaks to Photos and the Share sheet, and it fixes a vulnerability that let anyone access the passwords stored in the Settings app without Face ID our Touch ID authentication.

The same things should be built into the third public beta of iPadOS as well, while tvOS 13 and macOS Catalina are receiving unnamed bug fixes and performance improvements in this release.

If you want to sign up for the BETA access click here

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Beta 3 (or developer beta 4 as I'm running) is a lot better than the previous betas. I would mention that they are rough around the edges though and should only be installed if you are confident running beta software or like living on the edge.

The mail app in particular is very rough in the current betas in my experience and I'm also having some issues with messages not syncing from iCloud on some devices

Message 2 of 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Beta is just that... testing for Apple. Anything beta should be best left alone in my opinion and its far better to wait for the official release. What does it matter if you get to try it before others? 

Message 3 of 4

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

Well in my case its down to patience problems

But I've been running beta versions for a long time (my phone actually spends more time on beta than it does on the stable release) and I know what is involved

Message 4 of 4