Did you mean: 

Apple Watch Series 4

Number_3
Level 3: Thinker
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

HI all,

After an initial hic up, the apple watch not being offered on the business network and having to take my number over to a personal, I thought I’d post a quick update of my experience of the watch and in particular the cellular side of things.

As said after the initial hic up of the watch not being offered on my business account, I changed my main number over to a personal and added an apple watch and tariff, all went over without a hitch and number migrated, pleasingly my O2 log in details all remained the same for both, so can switch between business and personal accounts easily from one main account page.

Cellular was easy to set up through the watch and was working within minutes. Signal strength has been good and haven’t noticed any drop outs, when disconnecting from the iphone its takes a few seconds maybe a minute but then locks onto network and is fine.

Have made / received calls both through airpods and via the watch speaker all with no issue, all emails / texts update fine and have even sent brief imessages, any app requiring data appears to work fine.

Apple music streams via the watch cellular so even if you haven’t downloaded it will play all your music.

I now get to leave my phone at home when I go running, I run quite a bit so always liked the safety of having my phone with me for emergencies, walking the dog, popping to the shops, going to the pub, going to the cinema……, don’t get me wrong, I would have classed myself as a normal iphone user, always had my phone with me, but having this completely changes the way I use it, I can just leave it if I need to, spending the summer with a brick in my pocket is hopefully a thing of the past !

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

Thanks for sharing your experience and hope you enjoy using your Apple watch for many months to come @Number_3 .

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 2 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
Hi @Number_3
I really enjoyed your write-up from a using practical point of view. Thanks for taking the time🙂

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 3 of 7

Number_3
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Thanks @TallTrees @Glory1 

Thought it would be nice to add a postive post about the watch, which is why its a shame it was moved to this area, would have been good to keep it under the Apple main folder so people could read the good with the bad , but its all good!

Message 4 of 7

TallTrees
Level 49: Rootin' Tootin' 
  • 10652 Posts
  • 118 Topics
  • 344 Solutions
No problem everything is read 👍
@Number_3

HAPPINESS IS BEE SHAPED

Message 5 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122355 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Number_3 

Just to explain....all reviews etc are moved to the discussion threads, as there is no solution for anyone when they are reviewing/discussing phones, watches accessories, etc.

There is no problem though. Anyone typing Apple Watch series 4 into the search bar, will be directed to your post (and others) thumbsup

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 6 of 7

Number_3
  • 53 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 2 Solutions
Quick update on battery.

I had a series 0 before the 4 and generally, including a 30/60min run , could easily get a good days use from the watch between charges.

With normal use, same as above, on my 4 and not having my phone with me on a run, so it’s using 4g, can get just about 2 days, maybe loosing power early evening when back home from work on the second day.

Obviously this depends on how long it’s untethered, first day of trying out the watch and the cellular side of things, so with heavy use, still had a complete days use with spare left over.

Message 7 of 7