cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalled with the service received

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've moved to a sim only 4G deal after my contract with EE expired. The main reason being that I couldn't get a 3G signal at work. But my colleagues on O2 could get a 4G signal. My number ported over and no problems so I was very happy. However I noticed that I couldn't get a 4G signal at all. I assumed that it would be sorted with a quick call to customer services. However it was then that I learned that O2 don't support 4G on the iPhone 5. A quick Google search revealed to me that it's a commonly known issue. So you'd assume the nice chap that I spoke to to arrange my contract would have told me this!
After speaking to one totally unhelpful and frankly rude customer service rep I called back and got somebody more helpful, but still basically said it was tough and there was nothing they could do. So my options were to cancel my contract or sign up for a new contract and get an upgraded handset.
I'm totally disgusted in the way this has been handled.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144086 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

O2 are now rolling out 4g on Band 3 in some areas so depending on where you are you may get it at some point.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122769 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Deleted by me...completely misread. Thanks @MI5 wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23038 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

In iPhone chronology, the iPhone 5 is an old phone. Time for an upgrade?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
I take your point and would luv to upgrade. But my whole thinking behind going sim only was to cut costs.
Message 5 of 6

PhoneChanger
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Did the seller at the time as you what phone you were using?

O2 when selling a SIM only plan don't usually care whether your handset supports 4G, they only need to know the SIM card size and that's usually it.
Message 6 of 6