Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone have iPhone x

Pinkprincess280
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I was just wondering if anyone has the iPhone x? Is it worth it? How breakable is it really in everyday use? X
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
None of the regulars on here have one I don’t think but there should be plenty of online reviews out there by now.
Remember, a review is just one persons opinion.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Pinkprincess280

Here's a review posted in Mac Rumours. It was written by Square Trade who provide extended warranties They write that the iPhone X is the most breakable phone ever.

https://www.macrumors.com/2017/11/06/iphone-x-breakability-drop-tests/

Another one from CNet saying pretty much the same after testing it

https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-iphone-x-drop-test/

Plemty of similar reviews if you google them as I have done

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Pinkprincess280
I’m suspicious because I’m an Apple sheep but I love mine.
I do understand it’s not for everyone, and that’s why they 8 was launched almost same time.
If not having home button and TouchID is okay for you then just jump in.
I have friends that couldn’t use it and they got the 8 instead, other friends (like me) just LOVE gestures and FaceID.
Strongly recommended popping in store and try both
Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think that "drop tests" tell us anything, that we don't already know  Smiley Indifferent

Glass will almost always come off second best in those situations, and the sensible thing to do, in order to protect your expensive smartphone (regardless of make), is to put it in a decent case. And even then, try not to drop it wink

Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@Anonymouswrote:

I don't think that "drop tests" tell us anything, that we don't already know  Smiley Indifferent

Glass will almost always come off second best in those situations, and the sensible thing to do, in order to protect your expensive smartphone (regardless of make), is to put it in a decent case. And even then, try not to drop it wink

I totally agree. If you have bought the phone just to show off then more fool you. Do the smart thing and put it in a good cover that will minimise the risk of damage. 

Message 6 of 6