cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else fed up with poor phone reception

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all is anyone else out there fed up with the terrible phone reception they get with O2?
I am compelled to write this out of frustration with the poor signal I get in the Fetcham Surrey area. On looking on Twitter and talking to many others they all report the same sort of problem.
My wife is with 3 and very rarely has a signal issue.
I would love to know your thoughts and feeling about this because I don't believe 02 are taking people seriously enough.
I have been with 02 for many many years but I don't think that's going to last at this rate.
I very much look forward to hearing from you all
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
They're putting up new masts as fast as possible (1000 new ones by the end of this year) and spending £1M a day on improving the network, so things should get better, you can now check for coverage and problems in your area here:
http://www.o2.co.uk/network
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I hear that a lot but it doesn't make any difference to the many customer that have problem right now.
People react to the experiences they are having right now there is no evidence of the effect all these new mast are having from what I can see.
Your really don't have to put any new ones up if you all got together and saved huge amount of cash by mast sharing.
Message 3 of 36

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Well you said you'd been with O2 for many years so it can't be too bad can it?
Surely if it were that bad you would have moved elsewhere.
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Message 4 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been with 02 for a couple of years now, recently ie, last 4 months my signal continually drops off...using the iphone 3gs so am i to believe its the phone or the signal? Starting to get extremely frustrating and as contract finishes in March i may just move from 02 and Apple....Oh im in North Devon, Bideford area.
Message 5 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reception from what your O2 engineer tells me has been getting worse over the years due to the iPhone popularity.

Good Point though looks like I need to move to a new provider then. So your saying that if I am not happy with the poor reception its best to find another company with a better one.
That's going to be great publicity for you competitors.
Its nice to feel so loved as a customer 🐵
Message 6 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Reception from what your O2 engineer tells me has been getting worse over the years due to the iPhone popularity.

Good Point though looks like I need to move to a new provider then. So your saying that if I am not happy with the poor reception its best to find another company with a better one.
That's going to be great publicity for you competitors.
Its nice to feel so loved as a customer 🐵

Adrian,
This is a customer forum, you are not addressing O2. Please jack-in the use of you and your(s), it is confusing to read.
Quite simply, if you are not happy with any aspect of O2 and you feel you are not getting satisfactory support from them, you are free to leave upon expiry of your contract.
Now, if your question is about what steps O2 are taking to improve their coverage, perksie has already answered you.

af
Keeping it real!!

Oh... and your poll options are poor! Lose instead of loose would have been better for option 1, but even then it is not selectable and never could be.
Message 7 of 36

perksie
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Talk about keeping it real, the number of complaints you see online and in this forum are tiny when you consider one third of the UK population has a phone with O2, that's over 21M customers.

Message 8 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok my apologies I was of the opinion that this may have been a site that O2 managed and any response that came back was from O2 staff. I didn't realise it was responded to by O2 loving fan boys and girl who were not part of 02.
If this is a forum run by costumers to help other customers please have the courtesy to respond in a polite and non condescending manner I find it both unhelpful rude and patronising.
I put this up as I am keen to understand why so many people I communicate to have problems with O2. As a customer I have every right to air my opinion. Yes your right I do have the luxury to leave if I am not happy and that's something I will consider.
If I am only allowed to air my views as long as they are all positive then sorry I cant do that.
By the way who are you anyway?
Message 9 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92916 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
I have been with O2 for more years than I care to remember and have had no problems in this area apart from the usual New Year congestion.
.....until now! For the 1st time ever, there was no network coverage in the town centre but it was great by the time I got home. Network status showing no problems in the Bolton area so I'm not that sure that it is all that accurate or reliable.
I did find it frustrating that I couldn't make a vital call even after a battery pull so I sympathise with anyone having constant network coverage issues. I think anyone would want to jump ship with regular problems in their area and would want to choose the network with the best coverage.
EDIT...none of us are fan boys/girls, we just speak as we find. If there is a problem to be aired, we do.
Message 10 of 36