cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone else fed up with poor phone reception

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all is anyone else out there fed up with the terrible phone reception they get with O2?
I am compelled to write this out of frustration with the poor signal I get in the Fetcham Surrey area. On looking on Twitter and talking to many others they all report the same sort of problem.
My wife is with 3 and very rarely has a signal issue.
I would love to know your thoughts and feeling about this because I don't believe 02 are taking people seriously enough.
I have been with 02 for many many years but I don't think that's going to last at this rate.
I very much look forward to hearing from you all
Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35

Anonymous
Not applicable
Agree here with @jonsie

O2 could make like so much easier for themselves by talking to its customers but it refuses to do so. As a result some are now leaving. However o2 are still growing by over 1m per year so they don't appear to be that bothered.
Message 31 of 36

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7468 Solutions

I would also add that some people who are leaving, rely on their phones for business purposes. So whilst some may be happy to get on with things....for others it could mean the end of a business and their current lifestyle.

Everyone has their own individual need for a mobile phone. Improved communication may help with some customers....with others, they will need a completely different network in order to keep their businesses afloat

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 32 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've been reading this with interest. I was happy with some aspects of O2 - good reception at home, excellent customer service. However I got very poor reception in an area that I was travelling to quite regularly and I ended up moving to 3. I have thought about moving back to O2 as the reception would no longer be an issue but I've weighed up the pros and cons and I'm struggling to see why. I get better reception with 3, I can use my phone abroad to call home and use my minutes, picture messages and 0845 and 0844 calls are cheaper. I know O2 has priority moments but wouldn't people rather pay less? On the downside 3's customer service is very poor compared to O2, I don't get 4G and their app is less user friendly.

I may come back to O2 as I want an iPhone 6 and I like the Refresh plans but I really don't know.

By the way, this is not a post saying how great 3 are as they aren't - all networks have their pros and cons.
Message 33 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
@Anonymous

An interesting post of yours which, interestingly, is fairly consistent with other posts in the past. It seems more and more of the regulars have, or are thinking of, moving to EE given the poor state of o2's network and, IMO, o2's failure to engage with its customer base.

I can't help but think customer numbers will start to fall next year as Vodafone's huge network upgrade gathers pace, BT and Vodafone launch quad play and o2 end up being marginalised.

Maybe one day Ronan Dunne, who has made a few gaffes recently, will look over his shoulder at the damage he has done to this one fine network.
Message 34 of 36

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
@Anonymous

An interesting post of yours which, interestingly, is fairly consistent with other posts in the past. It seems more and more of the regulars have, or are thinking of, moving to EE given the poor state of o2's network and, IMO, o2's failure to engage with its customer base.

I can't help but think customer numbers will start to fall next year as Vodafone's huge network upgrade gathers pace, BT and Vodafone launch quad play and o2 end up being marginalised.

Maybe one day Ronan Dunne, who has made a few gaffes recently, will look over his shoulder at the damage he has done to this one fine network.

I wouldn't pay the man in peanuts...

Message 35 of 36

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm afraid I hold Ronan Dunne entirely responsible for o2's current state. I wouldn't pay him at all.

But customers are continuing to join o2 in their hundreds of thousands so his bosses will be happy.

When the numbers drop. .....
Message 36 of 36