cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any common sense at O2?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have just noticed that O2 have a mistake on their database relating to my name. Apparently I am "Mrs Richard Edwards" rather than Mr Richard Edwards. I have asked this to be corrected, thinking it would be pretty straightforward, but no! Apparently, I have to send a copy of my driving licence, passport or birth certificate to correct their mistake.

What mystifies me is that neither my passport, nor my driving licence (no idea where my birth certificate is) specifies that I am a "Mr" rather than a "Mrs". So how are they going to be any the wiser if I do spend 50p on a stamp sending them copies?

Anyone else know of a female "Richard" or can I just stop paying my bills on the grounds that it isn't me?

It would be funny if it wasn't such a sad indictment of current society.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

O2 have been accused of many things but not of having common sense:smileywink:

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I know you feel that your having to jump through hoops to get something like this changed which sounds like a mis key, but 02 have to ensure you are who you say you are when changing account details.

Those forms of i.d hold your picture depicting you as a 'Mr' I assume !

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

With respect, I have just changed my tariff online via your Guru, presumably as "Mrs Richard Edwards". You have just accepted a contract with me which surely must suggest that you believe I am who you think I am .... albeit I'm not - I'm Mr Richard Edwards rather Mrs Richard Edwards.

Have I just committed fraud by contracting under an incorrect prefix?

Please don't dig yourself a bigger hole here. One of you has to have some common sense? I am not changing my name, I am just trying to change the incorrect prefix that you have recorded on your database.

And even if I do go through your hoops, if neither my passport nor my driving licence specify my prefix, how does that help?

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a customer based forum.

We are not 02 Employees we are customers like you, and nor will you get an official response here.

Sorry if you thought we were staff.

slight_smile

Link for complaints.

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Message 5 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Might not be of much help, but in this instance I'd pop into an O2 shop where I'd hope that someone seeing you face to face would be able to verify your gender and change the prefix on your name!

I dont know of too many transgenders who keep their gender specific birth names! wink

Message 6 of 6