Did you mean: 

Anxiety & contacting Customer Service

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi everyone, 

If you're anything like me, you delay contacting Customer Service for anything until you really have to. It can be for a number of reasons, whether it's that you've got more urgent things on your plate, are forgetful, or can't find the time. However for those suffering from anxiety, it can be much more daunting. 

Do you or someone you know suffer from anxiety? How does this impact your interactions with Customer Service? Do you find it less stressful to call, go in store, or use Chat?

If you're curious or need more information on how to deal with anxiety, take a look at the below links:

Anxiety UK

Anxiety Care UK

No Panic

Mind

It'd be very interesting to hear what your experience with this is, and if you've got any tips to share with others who might be struggling to contact Customer Service because of their anxiety. slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie I've been where you are so have some idea what you're going through. Wishing you all the best but I know it's a hard road heart

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 11 of 19

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

Certainly I can relate personally to anxiety and the problems around this.

What I dread is that typically I would only need to call every couple of years, maybe towards the end of a contract. The anxiety for me is trying to remember all those flipping security questions - can be a nightmare. You end up feeling like a criminal especially if you fail!

I would call for this though, not use chat.

Message 12 of 19

EmilieT
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

@Cleoriff

Thanks for the app, never heard of it before but it sounds very handy!

@Glory1

Great tips, how is your friend finding them so far? Did she get a chance to put them into use? I agree that it can only help as well to remain calm and polite, keep the tone of the conversation nice and friendly so it's easier for everyone involved. slight_smile

@Anonymous

I like the idea of letting the agent know from the beginning what helps you, it sets-up the rest of the discussion on a path you're more comfortable with. Do you use an app to list things as well or just any piece of paper lying around?

@jonsie

I'm glad the Community helps, we're all here to support each other aren't we! hugging

@Bambino

Interesting article, thanks for sharing! 

@dgilbert2

I can certainly relate to that, I am terrible at remembering passwords and some security questions as well! By the sound of it at least you aren't in this situation often, but did you find a method to make it less stressful? Maybe going through the expected questions before the call with your wife would help for example?

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 19

dgilbert2
Level 13: Prompter
  • 936 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 6 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@dgilbert2

I can certainly relate to that, I am terrible at remembering passwords and some security questions as well! By the sound of it at least you aren't in this situation often, but did you find a method to make it less stressful? Maybe going through the expected questions before the call with your wife would help for example?

Hi @EmilieT  I'm old school in terms of security, so do keep stuff like that to myself. I have resorted though to breaking the rules and writing myself candid notes!

The only business I've known where I ended up at a complete stalemate was Apple. I just cannot remember those "daft" childhood questions which I answered +10 years ago, so they refuse to talk to me. Will not even use my address, DOB, credit card on file etc. Bonkers Destroy

Message 14 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT ... I'm going to investigate the App @Cleoriff has mentioned ... up to date its scribbles on any old  piece of paper 

I usually tell the cs operator what's wrong & take it from there & hope everthing goes ok, but it's better with what used to be called a scrap pad & pen

Message 15 of 19

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@AnonymousI still use a notepad and pen. Also post it notes are everywhere in my house joy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 19

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@EmilieT wrote:

@Glory1

Great tips, how is your friend finding them so far? Did she get a chance to put them into use? I agree that it can only help as well to remain calm and polite, keep the tone of the conversation nice and friendly so it's easier for everyone involved. slight_smile

Yes, @EmilieT, she has put them into use and they have helped. She's still a bit nervous but the person she's speaking to, whether on the phone or face-to-face, doesn't know it. So she comes across as more self-assured. A good thing.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 17 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cleoriff wrote:

@AnonymousI still use a notepad and pen. Also post it notes are everywhere in my house joy

What a great idea ... ... ... a rainbow rainbow of post-it notes all over the house, wish accompanying pens, of course ... ... ... or do you have a pen on your person @Cleoriff (thinking of you in nurse mode)

I have a good friend who lives life by an A4 pad ... ... ... I have bought one / pink ruler / pack of coloured biros ... this in my potable office ... = ... strawberry Morrisons plastic 10p bag

For post-it notes I will go to Yorkshire Trading (was Woolies) ... ... ... otherwise an independent stationers as I want the colours of the rainbow rainbow

Message 18 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@EmilieT wrote:

Hi everyone, 

If you're anything like me, you delay contacting Customer Service for anything until you really have to. It can be for a number of reasons, whether it's that you've got more urgent things on your plate, are forgetful, or can't find the time. However for those suffering from anxiety, it can be much more daunting. 

Do you or someone you know suffer from anxiety? How does this impact your interactions with Customer Service? Do you find it less stressful to call, go in store, or use Chat?

If you're curious or need more information on how to deal with anxiety, take a look at the below links:

Anxiety UK

Anxiety Care UK

No Panic

Mind

It'd be very interesting to hear what your experience with this is, and if you've got any tips to share with others who might be struggling to contact Customer Service because of their anxiety. slight_smile

I've just read the links and they're all very good

I have particular respect for Mind ... used to be a wonderful Mind group in the town, but long story it was closed down ... a charity shop in town though

SANE ... ... ... I used to email some years ago & got a reply within 24 hours ... = ... easy for me to edit on the pc & send them a 'proper' email 

I need face-to-face counselling ... but ... can't get it, despite having a dedicated Mental Health Centre in the town ... I was discharged quite some years ago & they won't have me back though I've tried twice going through my GP ... I found IAPT all paperwork = ticking boxes, on a scale of 1 to 10 ... I find mental health issues trying to be resolved on paper does't work for me rainbow

Message 19 of 19