cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annoyed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where me and my girlfriend have moved to there seems to be only O2 coverage. Been with Vodafone for 7 years but decided with contract up for renewal and being all excited about the iphone 4 to switch to O2.

So, I registered early for Iphone 4 updates. A email told me to prepare by getting my PAC code if moving from another operator, did that for me and my girlfriend, all set to move two accounts over from Vodafone to O2 with the new Iphone 4. Well done O2, I'll stay with voda and you've lost two big potential customers. Not waiting till the end of July, will just have to get a Vodafone sure signal.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
well "how annoyed" wud u be with vodafone if all new customers got the iphone 4 and existing vodafone customers were left with no stock available?
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think Vodafone will be offering it on a first come first serve, in a attempt to please exsisting customers and attract new customers as any business should. If you really want the iphone 4 on vodafone you'll get to the store early, regardless of whether a new customer or not.

But because O2 already lost so many customers when Voda and orange got in on the act they're running a damage limitiation exercise to try and prevent any more leaving.

Whats really annoyed me is that a few days ago O2 sent me a email saying get ready to move to O2 and get your PAC, which i did.
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's hardly O2's fault that Apple can't supply enough iPhones. So they have two choices, they make it a free for all (risking upsetting existing customers leaving) or they give priority to existing customers and keep more customers. Which sounds more sensible to you?
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where me and my girlfriend have moved to there seems to be only O2 coverage. Been with Vodafone for 7 years but decided with contract up for renewal and being all excited about the iphone 4 to switch to O2.
So, I registered early for Iphone 4 updates. A email told me to prepare by getting my PAC code if moving from another operator, did that for me and my girlfriend, all set to move two accounts over from Vodafone to O2 with the new Iphone 4. Well done O2, I'll stay with voda and you've lost two big potential customers. Not waiting till the end of July, will just have to get a Vodafone sure signal.

I thought you said that O2 was the only decent coverage? Are you going to sit at home and stare at your iPhone, wishing you could use it? wink

Your lack of patience and your refusal to wait another five weeks, combined with your excitement at the release of a plastic mobile phone is a bit worrying. :womanindifferent:

How big a customer are you?
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You missed the part of my post that said I was going to get the Vodafone Suresignal to get signal at home. I'm just annoyed at the reluctance of a company to take new business, i understand the part of looking after exsisting customer as well as new, but looking after them better at the expense of losing new custom, not a good business model.

like I say, a potential customer who has been with voda for 7 years, so likely to stay loyal to o2, wanting to take two new contracts at £40 a month. Vodafone can keep my buisness now.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
You missed the part of my post that said I was going to get the Vodafone Suresignal to get signal at home. I'm just annoyed at the reluctance of a company to take new business, i understand the part of looking after exsisting customer as well as new, but looking after them better at the expense of losing new custom, not a good business model.
like I say, a potential customer who has been with voda for 7 years, so likely to stay loyal to o2, wanting to take two new contracts at £40 a month. Vodafone can keep my buisness now.

Yep, I did miss that bit. Apologies.

If you have just moved house, stay with your provider.

Personally, I think the release of handsets to exisiting customers is more about necessary retention than actually "looking after them". Call me a cynic, but this is not a reward for loyalty, this is about dangling a carrot in front of those that are seriously miffed about the data cap and who are considering jumping ship.

The attraction of being first to the post will make many of the potential jumpers think twice.

I just happen to be eligible to upgrade in a couple of weeks, but there is nothing out there that does it for me.
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
It makes me laugh when people say that they aren't going to be a customer of x company because of y, and then proceed to tell the company they are losing a potential big customer grin Really? Your a big customer? And how big a customer do you anticipate you and your partner being that would affect a companies bottom line and make them stop and say "whooooa, hold on, we're gonna lose these 2, and they spent at least a few hundred quid a month!" lmao...get a grip will you. your talking about multi multi million if not billion pound companies. You honestly think your monthly spending will have an impact on how they treat you?

Joker grin
Message 8 of 8