Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android Nougat, Sony list of confirmed devices

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions

Just in case anyone was interested, here is the list of devices that WILL receive Android Nougat:

#Sony Xperia Z3+
Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet,
Sony Xperia Z5,
Sony Xperia Z5 Compact,

Sony Xperia Z5 Premium,
# Sony Xperia X,  
#Sony Xperia XA, 
Sony Xperia XA Ultra
#Sony Xperia X Performance, 
#Sony Xperia X Compact, 
#Sony Xperia XZ. 

Although it has been included far into Dev testing, sadly Xperia Z3 will not receive the update. This is due to stricter controls by Google at a hardware level and unfortunately Snapdragon 801 series is not supported.
Devices not receiving Nougat
Sony Xperia Z3
Sony Xperia Z3 Tablet
Xperia Z2 
Xperia Tablet Z2

(Z1,Z series ended at lollipop)

Message 1 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
Z5 premium speaker calibration reset.
My guess
Message 61 of 72

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Mines not premium, so I guess that won't effect me.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 62 of 72

viridis
  • 13530 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 308 Solutions
After its calibrated again it doesn't affect anyone lol.
It takes a day or two to fully calibrate and is automatic.
Message 63 of 72

novahob
Level 1: Joiner
  • 33 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So far so good on z5c. Only things I've noticed is that on stamina there are advanced settings which you might want to look at. I had to change mine to performance as the default setting scrolling on some apps wasn't smooth. Bluetooth doesn't seem to be connecting automatically as before but I need to see if this is just the first time when it connects. Like the new notifications and app quick switch. I see small apps are still there but now it's a finger reach. Overall I like it
Message 64 of 72

Anonymous
Not applicable
Nothing worried about. Just thought I would check before.
Message 65 of 72

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Nothing worried about. Just thought I would check before.

No worries - let us know what you think

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 66 of 72

novahob
  • 33 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Like the new update but I'm pretty sure battery is slightly worse for me. Also volume feels not as good. Saying that everything else feels good to use.

Just noticed that on xperia blog, that Sony is pushing an update to 32.3.A.0.378
http://www.xperiblog.com/2017/02/minor-firmware-323a0378-Z5.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitt...

Message 67 of 72

novahob
  • 33 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So after 5 odd days with the nougat update my thoughts are it's a good update apart from 2 things:
- the sound isn't as loud out of the speakers as before
- battery life is just poor. It seems to be ok when your not using the phone but soon as you use it the battery just gets eaten. Take today I'm down to 21% with only 2h 25m of screen on time. I've done the usual reading Twitter on talon app, browsing using chrome and playing podcasts (2h 20m) with beyondpod so of the time connected with Bluetooth. Before on MM I'd have at least 3h 30m screen on time. Just trying this message, I've already lost 1%!.

Anyone else seeing poor battery life on z5c?

I'm going to wait for this 378 version to see if that improves it, otherwise a full factory reset is next. Pretty disappointed tbh, as wish I'd stayed on marshmallow.
Message 68 of 72

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
My Z5 isn't suffering with the same problem.

Currently using:
Message 69 of 72

novahob
  • 33 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
What I have done is remove app preferences though what I think was causing an issue was that I didn't delete the android folder on my SD card. After doing these two things battery is better. However in battery statistics I'm seeing phone idle taking up a lot of battery which there are people reporting this on the Sony forums.

I've noticed for the Z5C there is a firmware update to .378. Anyone heard if this is coming to O2 devices?
Message 70 of 72