Did you mean: 

Android Marshmallow update on Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

Infobleep
Level 4: Observant
  • 71 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
Hi there

Now that unlocked Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge devices are receiving Marshmallow, when will O2 locked devices receive it?

It's almost 5 months since Google released the update. Will O2 now need to do some months of testing or do they release it very quickly after Samsung makes it available? I'm hoping they would be able test and develop during the beta stage, which is what I hope Samsung were doing when Google had the Marshmallow in beta.

Cheers
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Hi @Infobleep We will need to ask @Chris_K about this. it was last mentioned in December on another thread with no news at that time.....but this is the official thread. http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Android-6-0-Marshmallow-HUB/td-p/923104/page/5

I am sure Chris K will update you when he can

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

If I remember correctly, I think it's a 2 weeks at least testing time before o2 rolls it out to their handsets

Message 3 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
O2 can't test any software until Samsung send it to them, when Google released 6.0 is completely irrelevant as it's Samsung's phone using Samsung's version of 6.0.
O2 versions are normally released soon after unlocked versions
Message 4 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Fragmentation is one of the big pitfalls of Android, but it's the price paid for having an OS that the user can customize and have more freedom with.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 12

Infobleep
  • 71 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

Testing this annoying forum when I go to the page and reply but it then wants me to login and when I do I don't go back to the page and lose my post

Message 6 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@Infobleep wrote:

Testing this annoying forum when I go to the page and reply but it then wants me to login and when I do I don't go back to the page and lose my post

Send a PM to @Toby for help with logging in issues.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Infobleep wrote:

Hi @Infobleep I can't comment on the repeated log in attempts only @Toby can help with that. However a very quick way of finding previous posts is to click on your own name. It will then show you the posts you have made and take you to the correct thread. You actually don't have to be logged in to do that wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Infobleep wrote:

Hi @Infobleep

Sorry to hear that! Feel free to PM me about any issues you get in the forum and I'll help you slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 12

Infobleep
  • 71 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

This is the issue I experience

When have logged in for a while and post a message it then asks me to login page.

So I login and instead of taking me back to my post, it takes me to the login page again.

When I then use the back browser button to get to my post I was typing it has gone.

This is on my Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7".

I cannot be bothered to retype what I was going to say earlier but thanks for your replies.

Message 10 of 12