Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airtime Rewards - reviews

mahj
Level 3: Thinker
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

For those that are using/have used it, how are you finding it? 

I’ve been using it for a month now, made 4 qualifying transactions (in store and online) and not a single one has tracked within the 5 day target that the app claims to take. I sent a message and got the reply that none of them have tracked and so the way forward now is to ‘claim’ for each transaction separately by providing the relevant info asked. This includes the address of the store and uploading a copy of the receipt!? 

79BDF1B7-29B8-4F11-B3F0-20BEE004F698.png

I wouldn’t be surprised if I lose out on my O2 joining bonus too since it’ll overall take more than a month  of joining for my first purchase to track. 

I don’t know if I can be bothered to do all this for a bit of cashback, but at the same time I can see the app’s potential and I’m hoping it’ll become more efficient as it progresses. And if it does, then a few quid off my airtime bill would be fab!

I know Quidco payments can take months to actually process too but at least it doesn’t require me to claim each time. One click through and done. 

Your experiences, opinions and/or bants 😄 please? 

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20

mahj
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So... the receipt info I sent them got acknowledged but nothing came of it.. 🙄 I think from now I’ll keep it in the background like Quidco. Ie - if it works, it works. And if it doesn’t then I’m not fussing around with it and sending claims in. No harm in keeping the app I guess, and just checking it monthly-ish.
Message 11 of 21

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

It's a shame the app's not worked for you @mahj. I only got involved with Airtime Rewards through seeing it mentioned on the forum by another member. Never heard of them before that.

Personally, I'm happy I joined as I continue to shop at Waitrose and earn money off future Waitrose shops. But I must admit if I had to go through the rigmarole of having to provide receipts for every shop or prove my online shopping, I'd probably write it off as a mistake and get rid. Too much of a hassle just to claim a bit off your phone bill.

The fact that I shop so much in Waitrose makes it worthwhile for me only because I can claim some money off some of  those shops. I've got over £30 pending at the moment which will increase as I shop at Waitrose nearly every week. Pity it doesn't work for you without a load of hassle.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 12 of 21

mahj
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I’d not heard of it before seeing it on My O2 either.

I can see how grocery shopping would be a great cashback amount and therefore beneficial enough to make it worth your while. Glad it’s working for you at least! 😄👍🏼
Message 13 of 21

alexsmyth94
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey, Boots is back online now! Which is great 

Message 14 of 21

mahj
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hey guys 👋🏼 long time 🙈but thought I’d feedback that the claim I made about a transaction made on the 27th of December, did eventually get rewarded on the 6th of March! 😱

However, since then (been away for a month and taking ages to catch up with life! lol) I’ve noticed they’ve stepped things up a fair bit with the amount of retailers and also a couple of my new transactions have been acknowledged within 3-5 days.

I love the concept and hope they keep improving so I can get more family and friends on board 💃🏻
Message 15 of 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92906 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Like any new (ish) scheme, I guess it takes time to get it perfect 👌 Glad you got the 3 month one added. Maybe the fault lies with the retailer. 

Message 16 of 21

mahj
  • 75 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
So many new retailers added recently 💃🏻 The way they’re going, we may finally have a Quidco equivalent for in store shopping. 🙌🏼 I know some websites do in store cashback too but the choice of retailers isn’t that great.
Message 17 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Does anyone know how long rewards take to hit your o2 account?
Just requested my first credit (woo!!) and was wondering...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 18 of 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
A couple of days usually.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 19 of 21

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 11995 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1120 Solutions
Thanks.
Will keep an eye on my account for the next week or so
- or at least, try to if the app starts working!!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 20 of 21