Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advertising

RHillier
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I am sick and tired getting bombarded with priority and other emails and texts. I haven’t got anything ticked on my profile, I have called O2 so many times and they reassured me that I have nothing active on my profile, HOWEVER I believe that customer support team system is way out of date because it seems that they haven’t got control over certain things.
They need to step up because they do offering the best deals but unfortunately still very behind with tech, not to mention that Apple Watch still cannot connect to O2.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You can opt out of emails and as for Priority and More, you can use the text option to opt put.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RHillier The Apple Watch will never be on O2 I’m afraid 

Message 3 of 6

RHillier
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is there a reason why?
Message 4 of 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@RHillier wrote:
Is there a reason why?

Yes @RHillier all explained here

The first thing to mention is that this isn't some sort of artificially created exclusive sweetheart deal set up between EE and Apple - there is, according to EE and corroborated by one other provider, a concrete technological reason why that provider is the only one capable of handling the Apple Watch in the UK.

An EE spokesperson told us that "EE is the only UK network that has the capability to 'share' a number across a hard SIM (in the phone) and the Apple e-SIM (in the watch)."

At present this isn't something O2 can offer - so it isn't simply a question of waiting for an exclusivity deal to expire.

https://www.macworld.co.uk/news/apple/when-will-apple-watch-3-lte-come-o2-3664181/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10143 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3006 Solutions
Also to note is that of all the networks and MVNO’s run that BT run only EE have implemented the ESIM solution.

No other UK network have stated they will support the tech, and it’s limited in scope globally as well at the moment.

There is another factor and a big one and that’s cost to implement and for the 3 or 4 devices that support eSIM not worth it in th3 consumer space.

Now in the m2m and IOT space then yes it’s massive and could save operators and enterprises money.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 6 of 6