Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Action Fraud Reports

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

A new scam posted yesterday by Action Fraud.This one relating to iTunes gift cards

Victims have handed over approximately £520k to fraudsters who have asked for payment using iTunes Gift Cards, since May 2016.

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/news/itunes-gift-cards-favoured-by-fraudsters-aug16

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Action Fraud alert 13/12/16

Fake Bank Letters (Lloyds Bank)

Lloyds customers should be on the lookout for a new sophisticated fraud that involves fraudsters sending fake bank letters. 

The convincing letters being sent are a replica template from Lloyds and include their logo, address and signature from a customer service representative.  
The letter tells recipients that there have been some “unusual transactions” on their personal account and asks them to call a number highlighted in bold to confirm they are genuine. 
When victims call the number, an automated welcome message is played and the caller is asked to enter their card number, account number and sort code followed by their date of birth.Victims are then instructed to enter the first and last digit of their security number.

https://www.actionfraudalert.co.uk/da/163884/Fake%20Bank%20Letters.html

The last thing anyone wants at any time...though so near Christmas it's particularly upsetting for those who get scammed

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 21 of 41

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 22 of 41

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
I bank with Lloyds but use on-line so check that regularly.
Thanks for the warning though @Cleoriff!

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 23 of 41

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

I'll keep an eye out for this as I have a Lloyds account. Cheers for sharing @Cleoriff!

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 24 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Action Fraud Alert: 4th January 2017

Fake Amazon Emails

Action Fraud has received several reports from victims who have been sent convincing looking emails claiming to be from Amazon.

The spoofed emails from “service@amazon.co.uk” claim recipients have made an order online and mimic an automatic customer email notification.  

In one example below, the scam email claims recipients have ordered an expensive vintage chandelier. Other reported examples include; Bose stereos, iPhone’s and luxury watches.

The emails cleverly state that if recipients haven’t authorised the transaction they can click on the help centre link to receive a full refund. 

The link leads to an authentic-looking website, which asks victims to confirm their name, address, and bank card information.

Amazon email.PNG

http://www.actionfraud.police.uk/news/fake-amazon-emails-claim-you-have-placed-an-order-jan17

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 25 of 41

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
I had one of those supposedly from Amazon but if you hovered over the Amazon Logo image it was copied from the Quidco website, lol
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 26 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Quite worrying really...there are people out there not very savvy about these scams...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 27 of 41

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Be keeping an eye out for this one,
Wonder what actual email address they using
Message 29 of 41

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Well as I do more business with Amazon than anyone else...I shall be on the look out I can tell you...Shirty

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 30 of 41