Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Abysmal Network connection.

alan1yandell
Level 1: Joiner
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So uptill March /April the network signal was fine 4g 3-4bars and rarly went below 4g,however the mast which is 2 miles away had an upgrade and then 2 weeks later had another upgrade (informed by text of thses events ) since the upgrade i have not been getting 4g and if i do it lasts about 10mins,it now drops to 3g and even as today it is now showing 3g and drops to g.this all varies during the day.Some times when i make phone calls the reception is really bad and the reciever does not allways hear me  and hangs up then when i look at the signal it as dropped to g.

I was offered a new sim contract at a cheaper price but now it seems though it is cheaper the signal has dropped to the point now as mention above is this a ploy by O2 cheaper tarrif so one ends up with a crap service compared to what i was paying before.

They cannot blame this on the weather like Network rail seeing as this has been going on since March mast upgrade and never had this problem before March.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
There must be a fault or the upgrades aren't completed yet.
Keep reporting the issues through the MyNetwork app https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/my-network or by calling customer services http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 11

alan1yandell
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just sent  notification on the service one on voice and data regarding the reception will be given more info within 24hrs ,It should not take O2 3months to upgrade mast network,i would of thought O2 would of relized there was a fault after they upgradesperhaps there was on the first mast upgrade but made it worse on the second upgrade in April.

Message 3 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Everyone would agree with you on that score.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 11

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

Ill stick up for o2 here, its not always possible to identify faults especially when upgrading complex bits of kit, such as microwave transmitters or the like, as it could be a software issue or a hardware issue and unless someone reports it they'd be none the wiser. 

Also their could be other factors such as it being a joint site with Vodafone, and requiring access, to the landowner needs to give permission etc. 

So not everything is as clear cut as you may think, 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Not a lot of point them offering new a new contract at a lower rate or even free. If the service is that bad you really need a new network so I would be pushing to leave your present contract penalty-free.

Message 6 of 11

alan1yandell
  • 21 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well it has been a few weeks now and the signal has improved slightly but still drops to 3g does not even show H+,a couple of times a day drops to g.Yes i think Vodafone are using the same mast but they have been for about a year or more so i do not think that is the problem.

It got to the point of me trying a EE simcard,and 3 sim and they were non existant on there signal so looks like i will either have to wait for another mast upgrade or go over to Vodafone which would probably have same issues.It would be interesting to find out how they decide on mast upgrade probably if there workers with  a sim O2 phone in the area they would be able tell if it needs a upgrade on the mast.

it is a case of "If it is not broke do not fix it "

Message 7 of 11

mdoswell49
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Have had connection issues since the beginning of July. A bit frustrating, but when I use the live status checker, it says " a mast close to you isn't working"
Just wondering how long it'll be until it's running normally
Message 8 of 11

mdoswell49
  • 9 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I can't use 4G either. I keep wandering through the spectrum - H+ H & E. None of them are stable, but it affects Tesco Mobile too. Can't get used to slow download speeds & failure to connect pop - ups
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Unfortunately O2 never give timescales for repairs. All you can do is register for updates on the status page you have been checking.

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11