Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A long time....

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

ago I was discussing the prospects of putting together a guide for alternative operating systems other than Mac OS X and Windows Vista/7/8/8.1 which is the main stay of many developers. So the plan was to compile a guide based on findings for using your Android with Linux based operating systems such as Ubuntu.

The trickiest bit seems to be making your handset a permanent setting under Linux. Then using it as a disk device within the OS (mounting the drive). I like to dabble in Linux as it needs no antivirus, the firewall is part of the whole setup and it's a lot harder to screw things up by pressing the wrong button.

When I set up my computer again, I will be dual-booting Windows 7 with Ubuntu 14 or OpenSuse depending on what I feel like doing. Of course, there will be difficulties along the way like the different distrubtions of operating system.

I will be aiming this at somebody with a similar understanding as myself. So it won't be too complex and it will be comprehensive to most people. Although a basic grounding in Linux GNU terminal will be advantageous. It is mostly desktop now though.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions
Look forward to it slight_smile
Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 11 of 11