Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A cautionary tale..with a happy ending

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

A few weeks back, I ordered a Oneplus 6 handset online. Fab handset and O2 got it to me on the launch date.

Sadly I lost my overtime at work and was unable to realistically afford it as things stood so I very reluctantly returned it back in the 14 day trial period. I phoned up CS who handled my call promptly and efficiently, passed me through to returns and set me up for a cancellation and delivery of a prepaid envelope, 

The envelope arrived. I packed the handset up, dropped it in at the local Post Office got the certificate of posting and left.

All over...or so I thought.

The other day I had my bill...with thr old handset still on it !

O2 had blundered and not taken it off my bill.? So I  phoned CS who told me they’d never received the handset! And asked me if I still have the Proof of Posting? 

I looked in my wallet....errrrr NO ! 

Even so I was convinced I hadn’t thrown it out so agreed to phone back when I found it. I did find it..crumpled up in my outer coat pocket. Back on the phone, a quick email with a photo of the actual proof certificate and it was sorted.

Eugene in SA CS and Tom in returns were BRILLIANT, handled me professionally and scrubbed the phone off my account. But of course it could have been completely different. Had I lost that proof of posting I could have been in deep do-do ! 

So if you are ordering online and have to return anything for goodness sake....

KEEP THAT PROOF OF POSTING IN A SAFE PLACE.

Neither O2 nor anyone else can credit you in an event like that if you’re unable to provide that proof. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Poppysmum
Level 19: Quirky
  • 1332 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Glad you found proof of posting slight_smile

Also glad you got the phone refunded .

I always leave mine on fire surround mantle under a pig ornament.

Message 2 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122832 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Skyhawk1010I totally support that.

Having once fell foul of a marketplace seller on Amazon, (where they actually provide you with a returns lable!!) I was stuck or so I thought.

They provide drop off points and I thought the proof of posting was lost.

I found it eventually (under the fruit bowl). I scanned this, and a copy of Amazons returns lable (which was still in my emails) and they paid me back eventually.

Must admit I have returned many things to Amazon over the years and never once had this problem before.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

Making sure I know where the proof of posting receipt is when sending a £600 phone through the mail would seem to be a no brainer, but hey, that's just me I guess.Rolleys

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I’m normally meticulous about such things.

And as it happened it all got sorted despite 10 mins of terror. 

The point is of course is to make others aware handsets CAN get lost in the post even if its pre-paid O2 returns. 

Message 6 of 8

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35802 Posts
  • 227 Topics
  • 1584 Solutions
Great news that you found that receipt 👍

Even greater service from O2 CS, once you had the correct evidence they needed!

I wonder where the phone went though... 🤔
Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93188 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions