cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

85222 -THESE NUMBERS AND TYPES OF 'CON' CALLS SHOULD BE BANNED BY O2

Anonymous
Not applicable

As a responsible company O2 should ban these types of calls from coming through to our phones.  This has cost me over £8 for something advertised as FREE!

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have also been caught out by this text number and have lost, according to O2 £12 over the last few weeks.  Has anyone been able to secure a refund from these dreadful people?  O2 gave me the address of 3 websites and none of them come up when I try to google them!

Message 11 of 15

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

All the help you need is on page 1 of this thread.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 12 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just found this message from Sep 2013!

Why haven't O2 or other Mobile companies been stopped. 

I have just discovered that I have been conned for about £50.  I have texted two stop messages which no doubt I will be charged for!

Seroiusly 02 could do a lot better by their customers.  As a pensioner on a low income £50 is no small loss!

Message 13 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93228 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6976 Solutions

I do sympathise and these charges hurt you both in wallet and mental wellbeing. No network can stop these charges if you unwittingly click on a link and it's up to us customers to take the responsibility to get the charges speed and chase a possible refund from the company condemned. All details can be found on PhonePayPlus by entering the short code. Nothing stops the feeling of despair and sickness though....

Message 14 of 15

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions

It's a awful thing to have happen and really opens your eyes about clicking on things you're actually not at all sure of!

Anyhoo you've been given the correct advice by jonsie @Anonymous pls follow up as described.

Message 15 of 15