cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 YEAR O2 MEMBER. GOODBYE YOU ABSOLUTE DISGRACE OF A BUSINESS.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, had 7 years of terrible signal, awful customer service, rubbish phones that constantly break and must be sent off for repairs. 

Do yourself a massive favour, buy a phone FROM CHINA for literally a 3rd of the price eg: xiaomi mi4i/oneplusone/oppo/hauwei and get a sim only deal from another supplier that actually has signal in most of the UK. I can highly recommend the mi4i or theonplus one. mi4i is slightly faster and more compact. also takes Two sim cards. 

err and yeah they wipe the floor with anything samsung has ever sharted out. 

o2 signal is the worst ive ever experienced. yes i mugged myself off by staying with them for this long. But after seeing how my other sim card from another network constantly has full signal in even remote areas even for 3g ive finally reached breaking point. 

being a 7 year member (actually i think its a lot longer than 7) you might ask what benefits i got forbeing such a loyal customer. 

NONE, yes thats right absolutely nothing. not even a flipping "heres 10gb of data on us for being such a swell customer." 

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144182 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Yeah Xiaomi stuff is pretty good.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 12

Cleoriff
  • 122826 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

To be honest I am shocked you stayed with O2 for 7 years if you have had no signal?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I'm trying to figure out who you think is to blame for you staying with a network for seven years without getting a good signal? Is it also O2's fault that your phones weren't any good? If you have a sim from another network that works well, why have you waited until now to come on this site to complain?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your not addressing o2 here, this is a customer to customer forum, if you feel that strong then complain but sounds like you don't wish to

Message 5 of 12

jonsie
  • 93186 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Seven years is long time to stay loyal to a company that doesn't give you a decent signal. One of the reasons I buy a phone outright and get a sim only deal. I doubt making a complaint would do any good at all, signal varies from network to network but hopefully when the upgrading of areas is complete we will all be better off.

Go with the best network that meets your needs. Coverage should always be the first priority.

For the record, I have never had a problem with any Samsung phone but there are many other phones out there and your choice is indeed one of the better competition. Good luck with the new network.

Message 6 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Lol, mate look, I love xiaomi stuff as much as anyone, I really do.
But they ain't no S6, they really aren't.
Will now go and read the rest of your post to see how it Ties to O2
Message 7 of 12

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13532 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
1. 7 years with no signal, why are you even discussing staying?
2. What would be the point in them giving you 10gb, or even 100gb, you can't use it?
Message 8 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

I have sent you a PM.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

MUGGED OFF YOU ARE MY HERO, I'VE ONLY BEEN WITH THEM ONE MONTH AND TO BE HONEST IT'S BEEN A TOTAL NIGHTMARE, FOBBED OFF WITH EXCUSES AND MONIES TAKEN FROM MY ACCOUNT AND PROMISED REFUNDS THAT NEVER HAPPEN AND THEM PROMISING 5-10 DAYS, I'VE NOT GOT MY MONEY BACK AND IT'S ALMOST ONE MONTH!  I'LL NEVER EVER GO TO O2 AGAIN.  THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ABISMAL WITH THEIR PROMISES AND "I'LL TAKE FULL CONTROL OF YOUR ACCOUNT(S)"..... THEY MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK A LAUGHING STOCK, MY NEXT STPE IS THE NATIONAL NEWSPAPERS AND IF ANYONE WANTS TO JOIN ME, LET'S BRING DOWN THIS SO-CALLED No.1 MOBILE PHONE COMPANY!!!!  THEY'RE ABSOLUTELY GARBAGE!!!!!

PS MY EMAIL IS:- (edited )if anyone wants to join this crusade?!!

Best Regards to you complainants.... you all deserve a Gold Medal!

Paul

(Skegness, Lincs UK)

Message 10 of 12