cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G

Anonymous
Not applicable
When I had my iPhone 5 I followed the steps to set up 4g. However 4g never worked. I came to the conclusion my phone wasn't compatible. I have just purchased an iPhone 6s and again followed the steps to set up 4g and it was still running from 3G. Was going to get help from guru when I noticed in settings mobile data you need to physically change it to 4g. Why does it not say that in set up steps. I have went a year without realising on my iPhone 5 that I could actually get 4g. Instructions should be clearer.
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
Well your 5 never could get O2 4g due to the frequency O2 uses, however, they have now started refarming some of the old 2g spectrum to 4g so your 5 could receive 4g now in some areas.
Just make sure you enable it in the network settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
Well your 5 never could get O2 4g due to the frequency O2 uses, however, they have now started refarming some of the old 2g spectrum to 4g so your 5 could receive 4g now in some areas.
Just make sure you enable it in the network settings.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

My phone has been set to 4G for the last two years, and I have never seen it. Where in the UK can you get 4G?

Message 3 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122895 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My phone has been set to 4G for the last two years, and I have never seen it. Where in the UK can you get 4G?

Hi @Anonymous you can get it all over the UK area dependent. Check your network status here

http://status.o2.co.uk/

Also just to check if you have a 4G sim in your phone?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 6

jonsie
  • 93217 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6971 Solutions

You need a 4G capable phone, 4G activated on your account and a 4G sim. If you have all that then you are good to go.

What phone do you have and what tariff are you on?

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27655 Solutions
Call CS and ask them to activate 4g on your account
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6