cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G tariff has gone down in price. I was told I upgraded too early.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I upgraded in this current bill period and is yet to receive a new bill, and a few days ago O2 has reduced the 4G tariff, so I decided to have a chat with O2 support to see if anything can be done. 

Not only did the advisor not know the price has changed, and took me a long time to educate him of the change, turned out the new tariff is only for "new customers", and when asked whether it meant I upgraded too early, I got a straight and abrupt "Yes".

Not too impressed since I was always happy with the chat support, but after spending more than an hour with the chat support I gave up. 

Is there anything can be done to escalate this? 

Message 1 of 15
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you spoke to live chat first then speak to O2 on 202 to get further clarification.

If you wish to compile your complaint then the place to start is that call and then here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

You may or may not get what your wanting.
Message 2 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Anonymous
Not applicable
If you spoke to live chat first then speak to O2 on 202 to get further clarification.

If you wish to compile your complaint then the place to start is that call and then here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

You may or may not get what your wanting.
Message 2 of 15

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

correct info from a staff member is here http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Upgrading-from-3G-to-4G-as-a-current-customer/m-...

No need to complain yet o2 are going to post clarification in the news section

@ toby any news of the update

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
Existing customers get either a data increase (to the next level) or a £5 reduction if already on the 8Gb tariff.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good news for them which is reasonable.

Thank you @MI5.
Message 5 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your info. 

As I read the other thread it comes in the next bill period? 

I really wish this has been communicated better to their support staffs, it was really confusing and I even had to tell them the price has been changed! 

Message 6 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable
Communication has been known to breakdown unfortunately.
Message 7 of 15

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The tariff reduction or data increase should show up the day before your bill is produced.
I was advised by CS to call back if mine didn't show on the 17th (my bill date is 18th) so I'm still waiting to see what happens......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

Just wondering if @MI5 is seeing a change with the bolt ons? 

Message 9 of 15

MI5
  • 144319 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
No I'm not and after another call to CS today I was told it would be taken off my bill (which is produced tomorrow) but it's not clear if "My O2" should change or if I just get a £5 discount each month.
Tomorrow will be the day to see if "My O2" changes too I guess 😞

Currently using:
Message 10 of 15