Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G rollout

Skyhawk1010
Level 7: Part Timer
  • 150 Posts
  • 18 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

A while  ago I was asked if there was anything I’d like to see regarding this forum. And I answered that I’d be interested in seeing a lot more regarding O2’’s network.

I am very interested in having any info on 4G rollout, rolling out the 2300Mhz frequency on O2 and of course the rollout of VoLTE. 

There was a flurry of activity c April time now its gone dead with nothing at all being mentioned.

And whilst on the topic of VoLTE on O2, there hasn’t been as blasted peep out of O2 .

I find it INSANE how Cardiff, the Captial city of Wales and a population of over 350000 is struggling regarding O2 ie patchy 4G via Band 20 only and NO VoLTE , yet Slough with less than half the population is blessed with VoLTE AND 2300mHz coverage with decent download speeds. 

Yes I know O2 are based in Slough but this needs to change and fast ! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

It could well be that some of the kit needs physical modification as opposed to it being a reconfiguration or software upgrade that can be pushed out remotely by their Network Operations.

They have to apply for permission from the landowners to set foot on the land and carry out the work.

It's probably more efficient to obtain the permissions for all of the sites first and then send in the engineers.

Message 2 of 3

liggerz87
Level 20: Radiant
  • 1279 Posts
  • 102 Topics
  • 15 Solutions
Try being in North Wales and getting everything last lol the first 4g place in North Wales was Rhyl and that was ee not sure we're was first in n Wales for O2 was tho
Message 3 of 3