cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G launching in 5 more cities this month.

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

On the 27th September 5 more cities will go live with 4G: Birmingham, Leicester, Nottingham, Sheffield and Coventry. 

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

That's very good news.

But still, Manchester, the 3rd biggest city, sadly still out of the list slight_frown

Message 2 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

That's very good news.

But still, Manchester, the 3rd biggest city, sadly still out of the list slight_frown

Look at the 4th post in this thread.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/4G-active-in-Manchester/td-p/526316

Message 3 of 23

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I'm of the opinion that Manchester should have been included in the initial launch but then again I'm biased. Given the size of the city I was surprised when the initial launch was announced.

Message 4 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree.

I'd love to know what o2 strategy is by choosing what cities come in what order of 4G rollout.
Message 5 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ummm yes I know, it's my thread slight_smile

I meant, Manchester was out of the first list of three cities for initial launch, and now again out of the second list. 

One line of reasoning could be, they are choosing smaller cities first to ease the blow... however, they did activate it in London to begin with so that theory's out of the window Smiley Very Happy

Message 6 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable
And Leeds is the next upcoming business city in line with London or so I've read.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Leeds
Message 7 of 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm... with the University of Manchester fast becoming one of the best in the country (and worldwide) and attracting Nobel prizes and big investments, and with organisations like the BBC relocating to Manchester.... sure, Leeds is the upcoming one tongue

...or it might just be that Manchester engineers aren't as efficient in preparing the 4G infrastructure as those from these other cities Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 23

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

http://www.o2.co.uk/4g/coverage-and-cities says manchester end 2013

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 9 of 23

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144075 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Come on then Toby, as I work in Coventry, if you're quick you can get a SIM out to me to test for you wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 10 of 23