Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G feedback

paddyguy
Level 4: Observant
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Why dont o2 show 4G+ on there maps like EE do so you know where you will get it and and wont get it only askin slight_smile
Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

@Skyhawk1010

Im afraid that the IPhone will not show 4G +

Iphone shows only the following info.

GPRS

E

3G

4G OR LTE ( LTE is Long Term Eveloution which is 4G. But some networks more in USA call it LTE as here in Europe and most of the world, we know it as 4G)

gprs is 2G (2.5)

E is Edge 2G (2.75)

3G is H, H+ and will support all the variants of 3G like HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA and so on. Ranges from (3 to 3.95). If the phone supports it. 

4G is again all the current versions that the iPhone supports, depending on the version of iPhone.

However 4G is based on Carrier Aggregation.

How ever I’ve also attached the symbols which the IPhones will show.  But it will never show 4G+ unless Apple put it on th screen, which at present they don’t and probably have no intention of doing either.  Keep things simple.  

FBE54A55-208C-41CF-9116-628CB0D75C9E.jpeg

Hope this helps.

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 31 of 39

paddyguy
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Is the network gunna get any better in rainford and my call keeps fadein out 😞 and the 4G is really poor indoors and they told me they cant do snything about it wa118hg
Message 32 of 39

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

@paddyguy wrote:
Is the network gunna get any better in rainford and my call keeps fadein out 😞 and the 4G is really poor indoors and they told me they cant do snything about it wa118hg

Considering the number of problems you have with O2, have you considered trying EE or Vodafone to see if they are any better?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 33 of 39

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@paddyguy wrote:

Considering the number of problems you have with O2, have you considered trying EE or Vodafone to see if they are any better?

That would be my course of action without doubt.

Message 34 of 39

paddyguy
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
My mum is on EE thats not very good
And o2 is at its best but theres only one mast near me never had any work done to it tho
Message 35 of 39

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

Have you tried Three? You could get one of their free payg sims to test the signal (if your phone is unlocked) @paddyguy

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 36 of 39

paddyguy
  • 157 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
No my phone is on o2
Message 37 of 39

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmmm according to www.cellmapper.net  Vodafone appears to have more spectrum deployed in that area than o2 at the moment (i.e. Band 1 2100MHz as well as Band 20 800MHz), but whether this will reach your postcode/inside is another story - the Band 20 should, but the Band 1 might not, even so, this can relieve the congestion experienced on Band 20 as devices connect to Band 1 more readily.

If you don't want to try other sims/networks such as 3 or Vodafone, do you have a phone capable of WiFi Calling? So long as you're on WiFi your calls will be reliable to receive and make and you just end up relying on cellular coverage for texts to come through (bizarrely neither o2 or Vodafone currently support texts over WiFi Calling yet - 3 and EE do).

It's not an ideal solution, but certainly helps tide coverage black spots/heavily congested areas over until better cellular coverage comes your way!

https://www.o2.co.uk/connectivity/wifi-and-4g-calling

Message 38 of 39

packages
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Another reason I think O2 do not want to publish a 4G+ map is because there 2 most carrier aggregated carriers only adds up to EEs base layer (normal 4G)
Message 39 of 39