Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G coverage

Catdad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I live in Colchester, Essex which is a major town why cant I get 4G service? Should O2 be selling these phones that cant receive it?

Message 1 of 7
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Living in Colchester I presume you currently get 3g. Please remember many parts of the uk only get 2g currently.

The 4g rollout is a massive infrastructure project and o2 have promised OFCOM they will reach 98% of the population with 2g,3g and 4g be the end of 2017.

I suspect Colchester will get 4g this year given its size but I would ask this. Are there things your phone WON'T currently do just because you don't have 4g?
Message 6 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The Nation isn't restricted to Colchester and as you can still travel to a 4G area why wouldn't they want to sell 4G phones there?
The roll out of 4G is still ongoing so you will get it eventually but as there is no published plan, we don't know when it will be coming to your area.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

The 4G rollout is in full swing, but O2 do not say which area will get it next or when. It will get to you eventually. I'm afraid you'll just have to be patient. Do any of the other networks provide 4G in your area yet?

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 7

Catdad
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

EE do 

Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

If 4G is important to you have you considered switching to EE when your contract is up?

Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Living in Colchester I presume you currently get 3g. Please remember many parts of the uk only get 2g currently.

The 4g rollout is a massive infrastructure project and o2 have promised OFCOM they will reach 98% of the population with 2g,3g and 4g be the end of 2017.

I suspect Colchester will get 4g this year given its size but I would ask this. Are there things your phone WON'T currently do just because you don't have 4g?
Message 6 of 7

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

It's almost criminal.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 7 of 7