Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G coverage

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I just noticed over the last couple of days that my data signal is becoming stronger and even picked up 4G a couple of times. Perhaps they are running tests as I get a 4G signal in my town centre or at least a strong HSPA+ signal. Either way, channge is good.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I have to agree, I've seen places round Sheffield and Rotherham that didn't have 3G and now they have strong 3G and 4G. There are also lots of masts in and round Doncaster that are also currently being upgraded as well. Couple of other places that have never had 3G now have that. So it's nice to see that they are getting on with 4G at a great pace and not like 3G which was shockingly poor and took 6 years to even get one mast upgraded in my Town.

I say 4G all the way. 😄👍
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Exciting times ahead 😄

Perhaps they are indeed testing.

Keep an eye on your Service Status.
Message 2 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The network upgrades must be gathering steam slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
I have to agree, I've seen places round Sheffield and Rotherham that didn't have 3G and now they have strong 3G and 4G. There are also lots of masts in and round Doncaster that are also currently being upgraded as well. Couple of other places that have never had 3G now have that. So it's nice to see that they are getting on with 4G at a great pace and not like 3G which was shockingly poor and took 6 years to even get one mast upgraded in my Town.

I say 4G all the way. 😄👍
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 4 of 8

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Was in Rotherham today and got 52.28Mbps download and 22.10Mbps upload on my IPhone 6.
That's the fastest I've ever got so far, well impressed and I wasn't even next to the mast.

Bring 4G on 😄

Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Awesome isn't it.

However when you get used to those speeds then the downside is if you commute to a weaker area you feel the difference. 😌
Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
What did you do to make use of the extra speed?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

darrengf
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Speed was amazing, I ran it a few times as I thought it was wrong, but I got same results using O2 test speed and coverage map speed, I do get 3Mbps at home, so yes it's very noticeable lol, it's like waiting for the kettle to boil.

I didn't have time to use it 😳. I went to pick a friend up to go to a Motorbike dealer to look around. I'm missing biking now it's cold lol. I'm a fair weather rider 😉lol. Done my winter riding now.

But did notice that Doncaster had good 4G speeds, not as good where I was originally, but not bad, but it did drop back to 3G only a few miles outside Doncatser, so it's not widespread there yet.

Message 8 of 8