Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G connection drops in morning but 02 says no problem

Pinxit2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I get 4G through a booster. About a week ago the signal dropped considerably, trouble accessing websites and definitely not streaming tv. But O2 says no change to my area. And bizarrely I seem to be able to stream tv until about 8am when it drops out again. I’ve changed booster (Ordered a new one), changed mifi, tried different phones and computers, so it’s definitely signal. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Pinxit2 

Have you checked the network status in your area?

https://status.o2.co.uk/ 

We also have a community thread which may help Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Pinxit2 

They might be doing some work in preparation for 5g in your area.

If so, signal may come and go until work is completed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 7

Pinxit2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
02 says there is nothing going on in my area when I do the network checker thing. Coverage in my area is meant to be bad which is why I got the booster. And that doesn’t explain why it works and then literally 8 am on the dot and it goes off!!
Message 4 of 7

Pinxit2
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Incidentally it doesn’t work until around midnight so that doesn’t fit with work being done either.
Message 5 of 7

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Pinxit2 

If it's happening at precise times it would indicate that O2 are doing something to effect it, but customer services probably wouldn't know what the network team were working on.

@Martin-O2 @Marjo any chance you could do some digging around here?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 7

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Pinxit2 , how are you getting on with this, have you made any progress since you last posted? 

Is it the O2 boostbox you're referring to or something else?

I haven't heard of any issues on my end but if you're still experiencing this, I'm happy to ask our Gurus in case they might have any advice they could share!

Message 7 of 7