cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Signal

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi there, I'm new here. I wanted to know why 4G is bad in the London area. At Clapham Junction station I can only get 2G and when at Victoria waiting for a train to leave there is no 4G for platforms 9- 12 and I cannot do anything on 3G as it seems jammed. Do you ever think o2 will ever get Superspeed 4G ie: Lte A. I have been with O2 for a number of years and do not want to switch. I have been thinking about switching to EE for Superspeed 4G, but not happy about there customer service from what I here. Even at Hammersmith tube station I am stuck on 3G while people on EE get 4G.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
It's due to congestion on the network, so unless they increase capacity it won't get any better.
You should be able to use WiFi on the LU though.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

You go with the network that gives you the best signal in the places you frequent most. If you think EE might be better, try a Pay & Go sim from them and see for yourself. If you get good coverage from them you wouldn't need customer service. The only thing that should determine which network you use is signal. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for your comments. I currently use Virgin Media WiFi when at a station. Could we link the community manager in to see if he can raise the capacity issues to the network team. I don't want to switch as I do love the Priory freebies and money off offers.
Message 4 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I have tagged @Toby who is the community manager. He will see the thread.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

A phone is so much more these days than a means of texting and calling. Go with the network that meets your needs irrespective of the minor perks you get. I'm lucky that O2 now provides and delivers 4G in my home and normal areas of commute. I did switch one account to EE before O2 upgraded my area. The big problem is that people don't like change but just sometimes, the grass can be a lot greener....

Message 6 of 6