Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G Signal in Manchester City Centre

laurenvontrapp
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Is this still a constant problem for O2 users? and when should we expect a fix for this?

I'm only new to O2 having changed from EE as I was told O2 was a much stronger signal, and as I work in the city, 90% of the time I can never use my phone unless i'm on my work wifi or at home. To be honest I'm not a fan of paying £53 a month for a phone plan that hardly ever works properly in use, but still manages to eat all my data to 0gb to then have to pay money to add more on! it's ridiculous.

When can we expect a fix for this? as based off the community posts this has been ongoing for months now.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122370 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

As I said on another thread @jonsie I doubt O2 will ignore the plight of those living in or travelling to Manchester. On this forum alone people complain more about Manchester than London. Let's hope they get it right this time

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 15

packages
Level 1: Joiner
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Manchester is a Vodafone hosted City so wont be upgraded as fast as cities in the east of England, hence the choice of cities getting the upgrade first and not the bigger cities of say B’ham and Manchester.

if o2 make the most out of the spectrum expect to see some blistering speeds if they use technologies like 4x4 MIMO and 256QAM.

Message 12 of 15

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

You will be happy to know.

today 12th April. O2 gained there Licence for 2300MHz. Band 40

At 1pm, o2 switched on instantly 60 Masts in London with the full 40MHz spectrum available.

Watch this space but I’ve read  Manchester and Birmingham are on the list of improvements as are many other areas. Some areas will be much faster than others. 

But out it looks like o2 are ready for this Spectrum and have been testing with it for some time as it was tested on o2 headquarters already and showed great results.

o2 are going to go big with the whole Spectrum and there not going to be messing round with it from my reading of it. So only time will tell.

but if you get a Licence from Ofcom in the morning and then go live with 60 Masts at 1pm, this shows they mean business

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 13 of 15

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I'm hoping they get around to Manchester quickly. ...but good news all round 😁

Message 14 of 15

packages
  • 26 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions