Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

36 Month Custom Plans Value?

MrFrenzy
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 31 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is more of a comment, but I really think O2 should go back to offering 24 month agreements on Refresh.

These custom plans are more expensive if you choose a 24 month plan than they were on the old plans- and the 36 month plans work out to an incredible total cost.

I love the separate device payments but the problem is that O2 is bumping up the cost of the device - so that they can call it interest free.

The airtime plans are also really expensive for what you get.

Of course buying outright and sticking with Sim Only is the most economical way of getting a phone but for those that don’t have the disposable income to do that- I think O2 are ripping people off a bit.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've just checked the Three site and several phones are being sold for exactly the same price on (t)here too. So paying the same cost over 3 years instead of 2, isn't being ripped off at all, is it?
Message 2 of 5

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122387 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@MrFrenzy

I think the custom plans are designed to help everyone.

Obviously it's a credit agreement, so if you take out the 36 month plan it will work out more expensive in the long run.

The 24 month plan will be less expensive overall. I wasn't aware that suddenly they worked out more costly than before? Surely that's due to the cost of the device going up in price?

(I'm not speaking from any type of experience here...I do own my own phone and am on a Sim Only plan)

One of the lucky ones I guess...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 5

MI5
  • 143457 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
iPhone xs max is roughly £1100 retail. If you take that over 3 years with O2 in total, it will cost you nearly £2600!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 5

jonsie
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
iPhone xs max is roughly £1100 retail. If you take that over 3 years with O2 in total, it will cost you nearly £2600!

Good God! I could do a lot with that money and it wouldn't be buying a toy phone.

Message 5 of 5