34130006 unwanted text charged

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi

I am a new 02 customer and new to this forum

I recently had my initial bill and noticed charge for supposed subscription to 34130006 which I did not request and for which I was going to be charged.

I contacted 02 customer services on 02 Chat and the person I chatted with was vey helpful and as I also had a problem with accessing sim messages 02 would send STOP to company for me.

I since got access to the sim and sent text myself as well.

Tonight I noticed the brilliant and helpful posts on this 02 Community and following the advice spoke again to 02 Chat and have had Bar to all Direct-to-Bill.

Thanks guys for the advice.

I hope others will find this useful as I am such a technophobe and did not know how to resolve this.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo Glad you were able to resolve your issue. This is a common problem posted in the community. Here's a link for you, should you have this problem again: https://payforitsucks.co.uk/ and also: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Have-you-fallen-for-or-been-conned-into-a-premium-rate-s...

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25022 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi Bambino

Yeh problem resolved very quickly and efficiently - so praise from me to 02 customer service.

I checked out your website and totally agree with your comments about these companies getting away with sending unrequested so-called subscription and charging the unsuspected for it.

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 3 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Mi-Amigo Just to clarify, it's not my website. It's the hard work of another community member.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 4