Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 and 4g upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

When is the 3 /4G role out due to be complated Dec 15 or Dec 17 or longer 

Gaving thier current rate it will take 20 years

Was sold a s5 in June after being told by the sales persion 4g was due in Telford in september still no sign 

I now know why o2 won't publicise the 4g role out program its that slow

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2's national rollout is due for completion by 2017.

Previously o2 advised they were hoping to complete by 2015 however that is unlikely and o2 are no longer referring to it.

If you go to the status checker at status.o2.co.uk and put in either Telford or your postcode, if the Network Modernisation Programme has reached your area with upgrade in the next 3 months it will tell you there. (Fyi I have just checked Telford and no upgrade is currently showing. It states good indoor and outdoor 3g coverage currently).

The 4g rollout is a massive infrastructure project and will take time. You need to put it into perspective, can you do everything you need to do now on the 3g network or is 4g a deal breaker. If the latter then please follow @Bambino's advice @Anonymous
Message 4 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable
Im afraid O2 don't generally give out roll out info.

Why ? None of us know !

Keep checking http://status.o2.co.uk

Edit : you can register here too https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates?lte
Message 2 of 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

When is the 3 /4G role out due to be complated Dec 15 or Dec 17 or longer 

Gaving thier current rate it will take 20 years

Was sold a s5 in June after being told by the sales persion 4g was due in Telford in september still no sign 

I now know why o2 won't publicise the 4g role out program its that slow

Is 4G available on any other network in your area? If so, and if it is important to you, maybe you should think about moving your mobile service if you feel the O2 rollout is too slow.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Previously o2 advised they were hoping to complete by 2015 however that is unlikely and o2 are no longer referring to it.

If you go to the status checker at status.o2.co.uk and put in either Telford or your postcode, if the Network Modernisation Programme has reached your area with upgrade in the next 3 months it will tell you there. (Fyi I have just checked Telford and no upgrade is currently showing. It states good indoor and outdoor 3g coverage currently).

The 4g rollout is a massive infrastructure project and will take time. You need to put it into perspective, can you do everything you need to do now on the 3g network or is 4g a deal breaker. If the latter then please follow @Bambino's advice @Anonymous
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi there @Anonymous 

Unfortunately there are no plans for the next few months to roll out 4G any time soon.... Who told you you were going to get it soon?

The only reliable information you are going to get is by registering to get updates....

https://www.o2.co.uk/getupdates?lte

Hope this helps:)

Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

The 4g rollout is a massive infrastructure project and will take time. You need to put it into perspective, can you do everything you need to do now on 3G 

Good post @Anonymous

😄

This link leads to what piperdog123 is talking about regarding completion. 

Network Future

Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Always happy to support others and to try my best to assist. However it was not necessary to repost (almost) the whole of my post. Just a reference to it would be sufficient.

If however it is appropriate to quote my post please do the whole thing and not leave the last line which was as relevant as the rest. It is important we share high quality information for future Community Members who may search.
Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Very true @Anonymous

I decided on this occasion I quote your post as I found it helpful etc.

Unfortunately on my iPhone the reply box is ubra small which can make it tricky.
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
On my note 3 I can only "see" 3 lines at a time however when I quote which is not often I capture the lot so I don't see how iPhone would be any worse than that I have?
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
On an iPhone even tho I can request the 'Desktop View', so I can use the Rich Editor Bar I still cannot use the 'quote' button as it's simply not there.

I have to Copy and Paste which their in lies the problem.
Message 10 of 18