cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2G Switch for iPhones.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

I've seen recently that the 2G switch is being slowly re introduced by O2 and to be honest it's about time. wink

This recent thread by @Chris_K highlights another.

I'm hoping the same 'switch' will be re introduced for iPhone users too ?

Thread ; http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Devices-Nokia-Blackberry/Blackberry-10-2-1-Update-Coming-soon/m-p...
Message 1 of 16
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Wow, 'aint you quick off the mark! I only just posted that Blackberry update topic...

So, officially, our device team are keen on re-introducing the 2G switch to as many devices as we're able to. There have been a few update threads I've posted over the past several months where the 2G switch was mentioned as having returned to that particular handset, and you can expect similar updates to continue arriving.

With regards to specific devices, I'm afraid this isn't something I have the info for, nor would be able to confirm I'm afraid but I can assure you, expect to continue seeing 2G switch comebacks in the future 🙂 I hope at least that is a bit of good news for many.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 2 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Chris_K
Former Staff
  • 1851 Posts
  • 404 Topics
  • 161 Solutions

Wow, 'aint you quick off the mark! I only just posted that Blackberry update topic...

So, officially, our device team are keen on re-introducing the 2G switch to as many devices as we're able to. There have been a few update threads I've posted over the past several months where the 2G switch was mentioned as having returned to that particular handset, and you can expect similar updates to continue arriving.

With regards to specific devices, I'm afraid this isn't something I have the info for, nor would be able to confirm I'm afraid but I can assure you, expect to continue seeing 2G switch comebacks in the future 🙂 I hope at least that is a bit of good news for many.

iPhone 15 Megathread //  Don't fall for scams  //  How to get Volt benefits
Contact us on Social MediaFacebook // Twitter // Instagram
Message 2 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Chris.

I'm happy that at least O2 are changing things to re introduce this switch / toggle for 2G. slight_smile

We hear of issues on the forum which a generic solution would be to use this to switch to 2G.

Thank you for the above reply too.
Message 3 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi I have an Nexus 4....are there any plans for this to get the 2g switch back?

Message 4 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Only the Social Media Team can let us know

I'm still waiting for this to be re introduced for my iPhone 5s

@Chris_K any idea.

A recent thread I started http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/3G-4G-Toggle-on-the-iPhone/m-p/705365#M47574
Message 5 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've spoken to 5 different online chat reps...all of which dont seem to get that the option has been removed.....and just keep telling me its a problem with my phone...although orange sim works fine, but not o2....giff gaff and tesco

Message 6 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

With all due respect to Online Live Chat they are non Uk Outsourced call centres who go by a script and help notes.

I'm not surprised they are confused over the 3G toggle being removed.

I'm still Confused on how they thought was ever a good idea. 😞
Message 7 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

Fair enough....

Just means I cant use my phone 90% of the time as I cant get a 3g signal...either at work or at home....

Message 8 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi

Let's hope new updates will re introduce it for you.

Perhaps as interim resolutions think about Tugo for Contract Customers.

What's app and Viber as long as the recipient has them downloaded too.
Message 9 of 16

Anonymous
Not applicable

All of which use wifi signals....its alright at home....but not practical at work...

Message 10 of 16