cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

24 HOURS

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just lost my phone and having called it, somebody picked up. This means that they may now be using my contract and Im not able to do anything about it because you dont have a 24 hour line. I want the handset block but that isn't happening right now, is it?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@MI5 wrote:
I see no need for a different number.
90% of customers know 202 or 4445, just make it the first option on theIVR.

Yes 90% of customers know the number....it's just a case of someone answering the phone (on those numbers) as a matter of urgency...

My banks all have a separate number for lost and stolen cards so I was working on that principle

I agree. A dedicated number prominent on the website or some sort of message on the contact link. This is 2015, customers shouldn't need to search the community to be advised it's at the end of the ivr. Everyone is frustrated and have given up if it's not one of the main options.

Message 21 of 27

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

Thanks for your thoughts on this! I've shared them with the rest of the team. Just for context, the IVR is built in this way so that the Lost/Stolen team is not inundated with unrelated queries. If the Lost/Stolen option was based earlier in an IVR menu, this would increase the chances of unrelated queries blocking the team from actual urgent issues. The service is also available 24 hours a day.

We also protect members who are going through the Lost/Stolen process with a liability cap to ensure that any affects of unauthorised payments are as small as possible. 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 22 of 27

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
But no one knows to stay on the line......?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 23 of 27

Cleoriff
  • 122797 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
But no one knows to stay on the line......?

Exactly ....which is the whole point of getting it changed one way or another surely?

So if putting it first creates problems for O2...then it needs to have it's own designated number...?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 24 of 27

MI5
  • 144144 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Can't see why it would be a problem having it first on the IVR myself ?
Of course if there were more operatives to answer the calls quicker, customers wouldn't get so frustrated and press any number in the hope of speaking to someone, would they........
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 25 of 27

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

If this is the situation, and it sounds like o2 won't be changing it, then there should be information on the website about staying online until the ivr has finished.

Incidentally I've just called from overseas on the free number and it's option 3.

Message 26 of 27

jonsie
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

@Toby

Can you check whether this email address is still valid?

o2abroad@o2.com

EDIT : scratch that @Toby just got a reply

Sorry, this mailbox isn't used at the mo­ment. If you have a question about using­ your mobile abroad, please go to o2.co.­uk/contactus

O2­

Message 27 of 27