cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2,500 more WiFi hotspots for iPhone

Anonymous
Not applicable
iPhone customers will have access to more WiFi hotspots thanks to a new agreement with BT Openzone.

From 11 July an extra 2,500 WiFi hotspots will be available from BT Openzone in addition to the existing 7,500 bought to us by The Cloud. Unlimited access to these will be part of iPhone customers’ monthly tariff at no extra cost, subject to an excessive use policy.

Both the iPhone and new iPhone 3G automatically choose the fastest network available and will seamlessly switch to Wi-Fi when the customer enters either a Cloud or BT Openzone hotspot. The hotspots enable high speed web browsing and access to other data services.

BT Openzone is available at more than 2,500 premier hotspots in the UK including 13 BT wireless city centres, coffee shops, railway stations, airport lounges, motorway service stations and marinas. It also gives easy-to-use broadband internet connectivity allowing users to browse the web, access their corporate networks, send emails and play internet games at convenient locations while on the move.

“By working with partners like BT Openzone we can maximise the web experience for iPhone customers,
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
how about getting an agreement with starbucks aswell
Message 2 of 8

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions
Have you emailed Customer services with this suggestion?
Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

My first thought slight_smile
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I think wi-fi through BT openzone is just limited to certain places in the UK. I don't see that as a worthy upgrade to go on a wi-fi bolt on. Just stick to the web bolt on...
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wake up that boy at the back! Starbucks is changing from T-Mobile to BT Openzone by the end of June. -- Hence the 2500 extra locations mentioned!
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wake up that boy at the back! Starbucks is changing from T-Mobile to BT Openzone by the end of June. -- Hence the 2500 extra locations mentioned!

That is superb. I can't wait!!!
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Good too hear.
Message 8 of 8