cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day cooling period

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

I got the iPhone 5 on launch day and to be honest I think I made the wrong choice as I've had an iPhone for 5 years now and fancy something different.

Would I be able to exchange my phone for a different one such as the Sony Xperia T but keep the contract?

I upgraded my contract online.

Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

that maybe so but the legal Distance Regulations Act is 14 days.

No it's seven days:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/dshome/dsrexplained

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bambino wrote:

Nothing is ever straightforward when it come to things like this. By the way, CPW is showing that the Sony Experia T is available now to buy online. http://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/mobile-phones/SONY-XPERIA_T?tariffNetworks=&colourCode=BLAC...

Good luck trying to get what you want.

yeah i know its out, but the salesman didnt have a clue lol

Message 12 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Have just found this listed under terms and conditions:...

1. The Change-Your-Mind Period – If you change your mind about the phone or other equipment you’ve got from us, you can return it once and exchange it for another phone within 7 working days of when you signed up (your “Change-Your-Mind Period”). You’ll only be able to do this if the phone/equipment is undamaged, in its original packaging and you bring in your proof of purchase with it. If you’d rather, you can return your phone/equipment and cancel your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement during the Change-Your-Mind Period. You’ll have to pay for any calls, texts and other charges you’ve incurred though. For full details, ask in store or see below for our policy on repairs and returns. Details are in paragraphs 10 and 13 of the Agreement.

Message 13 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Have just found this listed under terms and conditions:...

1. The Change-Your-Mind Period – If you change your mind about the phone or other equipment you’ve got from us, you can return it once and exchange it for another phone within 7 working days of when you signed up (your “Change-Your-Mind Period”). You’ll only be able to do this if the phone/equipment is undamaged, in its original packaging and you bring in your proof of purchase with it. If you’d rather, you can return your phone/equipment and cancel your Pay Monthly Mobile Agreement during the Change-Your-Mind Period. You’ll have to pay for any calls, texts and other charges you’ve incurred though. For full details, ask in store or see below for our policy on repairs and returns. Details are in paragraphs 10 and 13 of the Agreement.

ah well, i'll keep it.

just fancied the new xperia thats all but ive never tried it yet and couldnt be bothered with the probable hassle in doing so through carphone warehouse, and my £26 contract wouldnt be available on that phone...and out of the change your mind period with o2 but not with carphone warehouse.

cheers anyway folks!

Message 14 of 29

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You could always sell it and get the one you want.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 15 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@perksie wrote:

You could always sell it and get the one you want.

i thought of that but when i looked it up its illegal as they can tell from the imei number that its a different phone being used on their system.  short periods using the sim in a different phone such as a day etc are ok, but obviously not days/weeks/months on end.

Message 16 of 29

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93170 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6966 Solutions

Nothing at all illegal about it.

The phone is yours to do with as you wish.

Message 17 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

hmmm...got me thinking now lol

Message 18 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

Legally, the cooling off period is 7 days, however some companies choose to give you a longer period.

Message 19 of 29

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Legally, the cooling off period is 7 days, however some companies choose to give you a longer period.

i remember reading a while ago that it was illegal and thats stuck in my head for some reason lol.

gonna go to carphone warehouse tomorrow. cheers pablo:smileyhappy:

Message 20 of 29