cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

11 advisors and counting

Anonymous
Not applicable

All I want to do is have my old number put on my new phone with my new P&G sim. So far I have had no joy with 11 different advisors. Someone was going to update me within four hours, guess what...nothing.By all accounts the Guru I liased with to buy the phone put me on a pay monthly contract, not P&G so I'm also not going to get the minutes,GB etc I was quoted either.Phone should have been sorted for yesterday...still waiting.No one I have spoken to seems to be able to deal with P&G, why? I wish I had gone elsewhere, in fact I still might.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

Is this an old O2 number or a number from another provider? If you have one nearby, go into an O2 store and they will do it for you then and there. When I did it in store the number had transferred to my new sim before I got to the car. It can take up to 24 hours, but it's normally much quicker than that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's an old o2 number, I was assured all I would need to do is text the swop number. Which didn't work as they had set me up on a monthly contract. I did confirm three times I wanted to buy the phone and have a Pay and Go sim card, taking my old number, cancelling my old pay monthly sim. There isn't an o2 shop local to me, but there is an Orange one which is where I'll be going if they don't reslove my issues today.Am ready to box the phone up and send it back! Not one person I spoke to could do anything other than bump me around departments, ending up at customer services. All customer services seem to be able to do is email Pay and Go.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

P&G sims and Pay Monthly sims are different. You would need the correct sim and be on the correct tariff to do a swap. If you had the correct one, you could do it yourself using this link: http://swapmysim.o2.co.uk/

If you do decide to go to Orange (EE), you'll need to ask for your PAC so you can take your number with you.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144313 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27662 Solutions
No one here can help you I'm afraid.
You need to call CS on 202 and cancel the contract. They will then be able to set you up on PAYG with your original number.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 5