Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

0330 303 5325

jezza1234
Level 12: Nimble
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I know there have been posts re the above number before and I am big enough and ugly enough to send them off with a flea in their ear. 

It seems however that these guys are re-commencing their out bound offensive to unsuspecting O2 customers. What got me is that she introduced herself as being from O2, luckily I remembered seeing this number on previous posts so dealt with the call in a different way.

She asked if I was the main account holder, to which I replied, she knows I am as she has my records, I then asked her if she worked directly for O2 or was an agent. I told he if she was an agent it would be best to stop the call now to which she responded by saying ok have a good day.

I know O2 sells our info for advertising etc but I wish it would control to whom it sells this a littlemore carefully. There are likley to be less savvy people out there that will get sucked in by this and end up leaving O2 direct entering into a new contract they might not want or need and have a load of grief.

Number is of course now blocked

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@jezza1234  According to our Head of community @MercedesS it IS O2...but handled through an outsourced agent. Apparently they try and sell the promotional offers at the time they contact you. I would always ignore anyone who tried to sell me a phone via a cold call. You could end up with a contract totally unsuitable for your needs...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

jezza1234
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

Is my point

Message 3 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I know it was your point. That's why I commented. It's a company called Convergys. They sell on behalf of O2 apparently. They are still blocked on my phone. I have enough cold calls... I don't need anyone else taking up my time  http://www.convergys.com/

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 4 of 9

jezza1234
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

wink

Message 5 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@jezza1234 You can also go into your MyO2 account and update what you receive from O2 and the way you receive it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 9

jezza1234
  • 339 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 7 Solutions

I know my O2 account is locked tighter than a ducks proverbial.

Never have any marketing stuff etc via any means. Don't have the time to deal with it all. Its minutes of my life Ill never get back LOL

Message 7 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@jezza1234 If you can spare the time, check your MyO2 settings again. I don't know when you checked last, but there was a time a while back where everyone's account reverted to O2's default, which allows third party contact. You should double check.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 9

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Good call @Bambino With all these changes to the forum layout, I have just checked mine again. Luckily my preferences remain the same......

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 9