cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 seem to recommend this site but is it safe?

Anonymous
Not applicable
There has been some talk over on digital spy about http://o2upgrade.co.uk/Default.aspx

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/show ... p?t=879156

The site mentioned above is registered to an individual, however 02 seem to be telling there customers it's genuine and that it belongs to 02?

Is this true?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Unless the main O2 site is linking to it then I wouldn't trust it. I don't see any evidence that this is a legitimate O2 site.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Sounds a bit fishy to me - The owner's name is apparantly "Jeremy Gough" And the address "47 48 Berners Street, London" Is used as a "virtual office" address (which also has some legit business based at it)

However, the same server DOES host some legitimate O2 sites including o2blueroom.co.uk ...
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
02 have been replying to emails saying it's genuine?

As i pointed out on digital spy i would eat my hat if thats genuine! 😐
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
02 have been replying to emails saying it's genuine?

Three explainations for that

1... They've looked at it and though "oh that looks like O2" wink
2... This is O2 Customer Care we're talking about
3... It actually is... and it's just been registered in a really odd manner.

It's looking more and more like it's *possible* that it's legit from other sites on the same host.. Also there are pieces of code in that site that links with statistic gathering on www.o2.co.uk - so O2 are logging traffic to this site - which makes me think if it was a fraud they would probably have noticed by now.

Also gave the hosting company a quick ring who confirmed that they do not believe it's a phishing scam but cannot disclose details of the customer whom the domain belongs to... helpful wink

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Weird thing is though all other gebuine 02 sites are registered to 02 and not an individual?

Would 02 comment on it here?
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
More digging....

o2fives.co.uk is an official site, as is o2undiscovered.co.uk (both redirect to blueroom now)
These are both registered to "DAIS" with the same address as o2upgrades.co.uk and are listed on the AIS portfolio pages

Would 02 comment on it here?

Not likely sadly tongue
Message 7 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
So has anyone tried it out?
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
We are talking about o2upgrade.co.uk and not o2upgrades.co.uk!

The whois info for o2upgrade.co.uk is registered to an individual.
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Although o2upgrade.co.uk is registered to an individual, it points to a server within AIS (a marketing company used by O2) so it may also be legitimate - maybe worth contacting AIS to see if they can confirm or otherwise explain it ?
Message 10 of 10