cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 repairs rip off policy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else had this prioblem?

Phone stopped charging over time so I took it to o2 shop to potentially send off to repairs. Then Iget a message asking to ring shop- they want £139 for a new screen. Screen has hairline crack that has no impact- hence i didnt want it repairing- I just wanted to be able to charge phone again and use. Transpired they had not looked at all at that fault- and said unless i paid £139 for the screen repair that I didnt want they would not look at it. After some too ing and fro ing- it transpires that that is their policy ie to fix and charge for things the customer doesnt want, but not to look at the things the customer does want help with.

Is it me or does this seem totally ridiculous to anyone else. Just got the phone back now, with the message saying I declined the repair that I never asked them to look at!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Anyone else had this problem?

Phone stopped charging over time so I took it to o2 shop to potentially send off to repairs. Then Iget a message asking to ring shop- they want £139 for a new screen. Screen has hairline crack that has no impact- hence I didn't want it repairing- I just wanted to be able to charge phone again and use. Transpired they had not looked at all at that fault- and said unless I paid £139 for the screen repair that I didn't want they would not look at it. After some too ing and fro ing- it transpires that that is their policy ie to fix and charge for things the customer doesn't want, but not to look at the things the customer does want help with.

Is it me or does this seem totally ridiculous to anyone else. Just got the phone back now, with the message saying I declined the repair that I never asked them to look at!

Hi,

It could be that by opening up the phone to effect a repair or look at the ports the hairline crack in the screen could spread, so they would want to cover themselves by replacing the screen.

If the phone was returned to you with a bigger or deeper crack in the screen then you wouldn't be happy !

One thing to look at is the ports as dust and lint can get stuck in there causing such problems as your having.

Message 2 of 5

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

I agree you can't repair an item with known damage.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 3 of 5

Rycal
Level 19: Quirky
  • 435 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 47 Solutions

This is standard policy im afraid, as bandofbrothers rightly states the repair team would more than likely need to remove the screen and if it is cracked there is always the chance that it would suffer further damage during the repair process - something which the customer would obviously take issue with.

I work for O2 but my comments and opinions posted here are solely my own and do not reflect those of Telefonica.

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

I would think that had the OP taken the phone anywhere for repair they would be met with the same policy.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5