Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 recycling rip off

sergeantangle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

hi- having sent 4 phones to 02 for recycling and being told I'd get £200+ back and having a tracked receipt from Royal Mail which says they delivered to 02's Macclesfield Depot, 02 now are trying to tell me they never received the phones and that I must get the IMEI numbers from 02, give them the numbers and then they can see where my 4 phones have disappeared to.

So, who do I need to speak to to get these numbers AND has anyone else had dealings with these bandits?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

@sergeantangle O2 Recycle are notoriously unprofessional. Your Royal Mail tracked receipt should be enough. If you still have the boxes the phones came in (which is probably doubtful) the IMEI's should be on them. I'm not 100% sure, but they could also be in your My O2 account with your listed devices.

You also should speak to customer service. Call. Don't use Live Chat: https://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

If you get no joy there, lodge a formal complaint: The Resolver link is the best way to go: https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122822 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

How appalling.

Of course they will be hoping @sergeantangle won't have made a note of the IMEI numbers.

Very few people do. A new scam from this notorious company.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 4

BOB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was promised 80 pounds if I recycled our I phone s6 so we did

The way the scam runs is they wait for the returns bag to be scanned at post office then they send out an email ooh by the way you have to de link your I phone from the cloud as all I phones are linked to the cloud so unless you are 2inches tall and have smuggled yourself in side the returnes bag its too late phone is aun route

So we got 8 pounds only

Message 4 of 4