cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 has a loop hole that may leave you with out a phone... PLEASE READ ALL

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello everyone.

my time for a upgrade came on thursday and i was going for the iphone 7 however the store managed to twist my arm and try out the new samsung S8. the phone its self has had alot of crashing problems and i find it a awkward movement so i contacted 02 who said i can exchange it under the 14 days returns polacy.. great!!..

so i go down to the store in Nuneaton and advised the 2 girls i want to exchange. there faces didnt look happy they then advised me i can do that however i may not get the replacement handset for 24 hrs " it can be straght away but the last 6 i have done have all taken just over a day " this would leave me with out any handset and force me to be with out a phone for the period?????... even tho i had to take time off work to get to the store in the first... this (risk) was not mentiond in the returnes statment printed by 02? it lead me to belive i would get a handset when i exchange it and the same was said by advisors on 202

i contacted the 202 team directly at the store and spoke to returnes i told her where i was and she asked to speak to the stores manager.. the manager took the call and quickly shouted over to her colluge " this one's got a attatude shes rude &%&*£ " i was shocked!..

after a chat between the two i was placed back on the call... the advisor then said the same that if i return the phone to the store there is no garentee i will get the replacement phone today and its up to the system how long it takes. excuses me what??....

i am shocked and couldnt take the risk of having no phone as i was not prepaired for this so im stuck with a phone i dont want while my 14 days ticks away while waiting to hear back from 02... it dosent say anywhere that exchanging or returns takes up to 24 hours? from what i see it looks like a open and closed case..

if the system did take 24 hrs like the advisros say then simply cutting me off with out warning for 24 hrs would be bad for work but what about other people who depend on there phones?.

im extreamly cross with this and im now thinking of leaving 02

Russ

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Complaints process is here
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess once the store gets the phone back then the phone has to go back into the system & that would need to be updated before you could get the new phone 

Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

some store staff are shocking you may find they have a target to hit to get a store bonus on a specific handset and thats why they talked you into a S8 and being divs on the return process... stand your ground be firm they are the rude ones for treating you the way they did! id tell them to jog on and go to anouther store tbh! 

Message 4 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

They probably didn't have any iPhone stock as Apple has been holding stock back from the networks 

Message 6 of 8

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Dont you still have your old phone to use in the meantime?
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 7 of 8

MercedesS
  • 1192 Posts
  • 17 Topics
  • 18 Solutions

Hello @Anonymous

We are sorry to hear about your problem. We have found more info to help you under the O2 help pages: Our change-of-mind policy.

Please let us know how it goes Wave

Get involved! If a post answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution”.If you are new to the community, please read How to use the community
Message 8 of 8