Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 being down

Sammie
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
This is stupid can’t use nothing on my phone keeps saying no service! This needs to be sorted ASAP paying for my phone and my contract bills and not getting any use out off it!! #Moneyback
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Sammie Please read the excerpt from a BBC article below. You won't be offered much:

Can I claim compensation?

Customers of O2 will be able to claim for any out-of-pocket expenses that resulted from being without their phone, according to consumer expert Helen Dewdney.

Ms Dewdney, who writes a blog called The Complaining Cow, said users should be able to claim under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, which states that services should be carried out with reasonable skill and care.

That means customers would be able to claim a refund for what they would pay on a contract for the time they were without the use of the phone. They could also claim consequential loss due to breach of contract, for example, if they incurred bank charges because they were unable to move their money, or the cost of having to use a payphone.

This must be a genuine loss which can be proved with evidence. So, a taxi driver might be able to prove they lost out on fares owing to the shutdown, but other workers trying to claim a lost day of employment would struggle.

Ms Dewdney suggested phone users calculated their losses, and wrote to O2 with the evidence. They should state what they wanted as redress and mention the Consumer Rights Act 2015.

If they felt the response was unsatisfactory, it could be referred to Ombudsman Services: Communications of which O2 is a member. The customer would need to ask for a deadlock letter or wait eight weeks from the beginning of the complaint.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 3

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Sammie, thanks for reporting issues with the network earlier. We have an official topic about this so we're locking this thread to keep the conversation in one place. Please use this thread to share your feedback. 

Thanks, 

The community team. 

Message 3 of 3