cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 bashing.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Having read the other sections of the forums, Apple, home and mobile broadband etc, I am starting to feel that I am the odd one out.

Why?

Let me tell you.

I have three contracts with 02 - Iphone 3G, Laptop / mobile broadband, and home broadband.

Thus far I am very happy with all aspects of the contracts. Each time I contact customer services they are very polite and helpful - and not based in India.

Laptop and mobile broadband 'does what it says on the tin'

Iphone is fantastic, (and unlike some other users I don't feel that an 18 month legal contract should be torn up just because a new model comes out!)

The home broadband router went down a few weeks of getting it, I called customers services who called me back and after half an hour it was clear the router was faulty. A new router arrived the next day and has been perfect in both reliability and speed ever since.

I have had contracts with Three, Orange and Vodaphone in the past and not one of them could match the customer service provided by 02.

I know this sounds like an advert but I can assure you that I do not work for 02 and neither does my partner or any of my family - I am just happy with the services and products.

And as far as I am concerned, praise were praise is due!

I am not knocking all the people that have had problems with 02 in anyway, but I thought would be nice to address the balance a bit!

Am I the odd one out or do other people feel this way as well?
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Brings a tear to the eye. :robotsad:

Makes a change though. slight_smile
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 11 of 22

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
Can't last though....probably get some negative posts on here now but lets enjoy it while we can grin
Message 12 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've never had a problem with o2 either till now all i want todo is upgrade to a phone of my choice but unfortunally the choice is not there any more 😞

So if a company doesn't supply the product people want, then people will go to a company that does something that i may do, don't want to but feel like i'm being forced to do
Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
_

O2 is a sweety company.

Mmmmm ...

Fluffy kittens, puppies, teddy bears, girls with no bra ...

Mmmmm ...

_
Message 14 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to say, I find o2 to be utterly useless at dealing with any issue I have raised with them - their best answer for any technical problem is "take out the sim card and give it a dusting with a dry cloth". Please. All I know is, whenever anything goes wrong, I'm going to need to set aside a good two days worth of calling back and forth to get resolution and that I won't even get the courtesy of an apology for the outrageous amount of effort you have to put in, in order to extract a simple, straight-forward answer.

Already the problem I have with the email to mobile service which stopped suddenly on Thursday is turning into a major issue and I have been passed from one to the other, to the other resulting in 1.5 hours worth of calls today alone and still the issue isn't resolved and I have no reason to believe it will be any time in the near future.

Of course, if they even bothered to take the trouble to deal with queries via email, that would reduce the need to sit on the phone and talking to every Tom, Dick and Harriet there but, considering they never had the courtesy to respond to emails sent over a year ago on yet another issue, I kind of run out of the requisite patience with that method also as I tend to like problems to be resolved within a 24/48 hour timespan which I don't think is unreasonable.

The worse thing of all is that I remain with them thinking that things will get better and also because somehow, I doubt that the other companies are much better.
Message 15 of 22

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions
Paola wrote: The worse thing of all is that I remain with them thinking that things will get better and also because somehow, I doubt that the other companies are much better.

So, quoting your bottom line (albeit out of context) you are essentially in agreement with the OP. wink
To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 16 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to say, I find o2 to be utterly useless at dealing with any issue I have raised with them - their best answer for any technical problem is "take out the sim card and give it a dusting with a dry cloth".

Guess you don't work in IT grin Oddly enough, to start problem solving, you begin at the beginning and elimate all possibilities. Users don't give all the facts until you start asking questions and CS can't read minds either! It's usually the simplest thing that goes wrong. Believe me, I work with testers and they expect a solution before they ask you like "It's failed, fix it now". And they are adamant their test scripts are 100% correct grin

Exactly, in CS you are given training on how to help customers with faulty handsets/ sims, and guess what? Most of the time I would say doing a sim wipe works. Shocking that they might just know what they are talking about eh' rather then getting customers to do silly little tasks just for the fun of it. 😐
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have to say, I find o2 to be utterly useless at dealing with any issue I have raised with them - their best answer for any technical problem is "take out the sim card and give it a dusting with a dry cloth".

Guess you don't work in IT grin Oddly enough, to start problem solving, you begin at the beginning and elimate all possibilities. Users don't give all the facts until you start asking questions and CS can't read minds either! It's usually the simplest thing that goes wrong. Believe me, I work with testers and they expect a solution before they ask you like "It's failed, fix it now". And they are adamant their test scripts are 100% correct grin

Exactly, in CS you are given training on how to help customers with faulty handsets/ sims, and guess what? Most of the time I would say doing a sim wipe works. Shocking that they might just know what they are talking about eh' rather then getting customers to do silly little tasks just for the fun of it.
Message 18 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
One of my mates who work at O2 store told me to goto Carphone to buy a phone and avoid at all cost O2 stores because it is to put it polited extremely over priced. So I decided to do a quick market research and you know what? My mate was correct. Find below prices of pay as you go prices on O2 10pound topup. Contract was very complicated with so many different bolt on so I just did a quick comparison of Pay and go only).

Model .................Carphone......... O2
Samsung Tocco Lite -----99.95 -----------127.22
Samsung S3500 ----------59.95 -----------78.29
Nokia 6600 Slide -------129.95 ----------146.80
Nokia 6303 -------------99.95 -----------97.86
Nokia 2630 -------------34.25 -----------24.95
Sony Ericsson ----------49.95 -----------58.71
LG Cookie --------------97.96 -----------127.22
LG KS360 ---------------69.95 -----------88.08
Nokia 5800 -------------199.95 ----------(Only on contract)

Some people say O2 gets different phones for their store, which I mate says is absolutely untrue.

ACCORDING TO MY MATE, ONE OF THE BIGGEST REASON FOR THIS PRICE HIKE IS BECAUSE O2 IS HEAVILY SUBSIDIZING APPLE I-PHONE. ALL THE PROFIT EARNED FROM OTHER PHONES GOES TO PAYING APPLE TO KEEP EXCLUSIVITY. This has not been confirmed but it seems that O2 is unfairly pricing its phones.

ONE LESSON FOR ME IS RESEARCH BEFORE YOU BUY A PHONE!!!
Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable
you know the problem half the time is the attitude of people, if you notice on here the ones that put things in a concise polite and constructive point when having issues, seem to get things done quickly and hassel free, but the ones that come on here shouting and aggressive get no-where...... wonder why!!!!!!!

after doing the sort of work o2 staff do for over 10 years i can understand it, somebody calls to ask a question, advisor gives answer and the customer doesnt like the answer therefore the advisor becomes all of a sudden patronising or aggresive and they want to speak with managers, get a grip you all cant have it your own way lol
Message 20 of 22