cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Repairs & Returns Are Rubbish

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a Nokia N95 which broke. I sent it to the 02 Repair centre and it was lost (they lost it).

I got what I was told was an open boxed return C905 as a replacement. It came with no manuals, no cables apart from a charger, no software and no headphones or USB cable and not in a proper box. Which I wasn't told about.

Three days ago the WiFi stopped working, I've only had it for 12 days so I called them up and arranged a door step replacement.

I then got an email saying the C905 is out of stock (although when I called the sales line and pretended to be a new customer they had them in stock) and if I dont want to send it to them for a repair then I can have an LG Renoir or a Samsung Pixon as a replacement.

I just want another version of my phone that works. They tell me they cant put one back for me when they come back into stock because they cant do that. What a rubbish system that is. Are they just making this up?

Each time I call them to talk about it I get bluffed with rubbish answers from their staff (after I have been passed round the houses because I am an Online customer). It really *** me off.

Now I am in limbo because people on the phone wont help, I have a broken phone and when I send emails I get no response.

Does anyone have any suggestions of how I can resolve this?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
i know ur an online customer - but i would go into a store and not leave until they resolve it with the customer centre - i had to do that with my insurance claim. they couldnt deal with me as i was an online customer.....at the end of the day the name above the door is o2 whther its on the phone, email or face to face.....xx
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had a similar problem. I had the C905 and I love that phone and the earpiece suddenly stopped working. Apparantly its a common fault. After 6 days of trying to get a replacement (they were out of stock - apparantly) I managed to find a very helpful lady who managed to find one for me. This was after being told twice that day there was not any instock (a bit suspicious).

My replacement (refurbished) C905 came and the camera was appalling on it. My k800i was better! I have rang for the past two days complaining and have now been offered a Tocco Ultra - although they have no chargers in! Apparantly the charger will be sent when they get it in. I'll probably have to pester for that. But I agree the returns people aren't too great and you do get passed from pillar to post. I recommend you keep pestering them.
Message 3 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions
I'm afraid the C905 has not got a very good reputation on this forum and seems prone to endless faults. Personally I would opt for something else but that's just my choice. Do a search for C905 on the link above and read some of the posts and see what you think.... :robotindifferent:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
i am having the same problem as you with o2 repair team - i have a faulty nokia n78 and when i ring up i get passed from repair team to customer services back to repairs etc. Today i have been transfered to 6 different ppl and not one offered me a solution - i am currently waiting on a call back from a manager - ha that will be a fun call- if i ever get it......not holding my breath!!!!

been with o2 for 10 years and in the past few months its the worst service iv experienced in dealing with any company. Just keep ringing and complaining eventually you will get an answer ..... thats what im doing!!
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had yet another problem with the repair team. The person who offered me the Tocco Ultra as a replacement to the C905 sent a car charger so I could at least use my new phone. This came today and is not even compatable with the phone! I am therefore without a phone until the chargers come into stock.

I have also been with 02 for 10 years and to be honest my recent dealings with o2 have not been good and I am considering joining another network when my contract is up.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have had yet another problem with the repair team. The person who offered me the Tocco Ultra as a replacement to the C905 sent a car charger so I could at least use my new phone. This came today and is not even compatable with the phone! I am therefore without a phone until the chargers come into stock.
I have also been with 02 for 10 years and to be honest my recent dealings with o2 have not been good and I am considering joining another network when my contract is up.

Hold on your horses though. I think you might have been served by an unexperienced person. If I am not mistaken, your problem is easily solved provided the customer service office is willing to go all out for you. I had similar problems with O2 before and I made a big fuss and they had no choice but they have to give in to my request. If possible, try to call them again and see what happens.

A word of advice - Never ever move to 3 UK or you will suffer. I made a mistake by taking out a 6 months contract with them. Their customer service is the worst of the lot (Vodafone, T-mobile, o2, Tesco, Asda, Virgin and 3 UK).
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
same nere 10/11 years since september nothing but hassle...rubbish rubbish rubbish
Message 8 of 8