Did you mean: 

02 Recycle hiding behind Terms and Conditions

Sebdb
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Just used 02 recycling to send back a Iphone 7 Plus

I packaged as requested using their packaging and label , took a photo of the phone beforehand, dropped it off at the post office.

3 days later i get an email reducing the offer from £215 to £41 because of a cracked screen. They do, to be fair, then send me a picture of the crack

However this is where it goes wrong, I send the picture of the undamaged phone before it was given to Royal Mail, however I am told that i need to claim against Royal Mail depsite the fact that i have no contract with Royal Mail nor do i know 100% that the damage occured in transit it could have been in their facility.

So in essence i have to either accept the £41 or receive back a damaged phone, and try and claim against the Post Office.

My point here and to them is that they have a duty of care and cant just hide behind their terms and conditions.

Interestingly they state that no contract exist between me and them until they receive the phone and have paid out, not sure they can really get away with that even if it is in their terms and conditions - Unfair contract anyone!!!

Also they try and say that they hold no responsibility for damage in transit, however again not sure this will hold up legally when it is them paying Royal Mail for the service not the customer.

I have pointed these issues out to them but they are digging their heels in so would be interesting to hear from anyone else in similar situation and or a legal persepective 

Seb

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Sebdb , I've just sent you a Private Message to get a few more details, as I'd like to get someone to look into this further for you. You can read and reply to my message by going into Messages, in the top right of your page slight_smile

Thanks everyone for the advice so far!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 11 of 13

Markster22
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have litterally just had the same with an iphone 11 😞 i wish i had read all these reviews beforhand 

Message 12 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10172 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3012 Solutions

@Markster22 

It's not just o2, I have seen it with Music Magpie, Envirofone etc where they dont cover in transit, via any courier / postal service so not unique to o2

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 13 of 13