Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Live chat not working

chibipanda28
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What the hell. It keeps saying 'We're just checking to see if there's an available agent.' but the screen is not changing. I ordered a new sim because my old one got lost but I can't activate it. 

I can't call them.

I can't use anyone elses phone. 

I can't activate it online because they send the code to your previous sim card before you can activate the new one.

Any suggestions, or does anyone know when chat will start working again.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143431 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Live chat or calling is the only way as the block needs to be lifted off your account, so just normal activation won't work either.
Try a different browser or clear cache and cookies first.
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

chibipanda28
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well I can't physically call them on my phone, because it is saying no network available because I have an unactivated sim. So it is not possible for me to phone.

And I have cleared my cookies and history, and tried on both crome and explorer but it still isn't working.

Thanks anyway.

Message 3 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143431 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Sorry about that but as a customer like yourself there's nothing else I can suggest apart from visiting an o2 shop.
Is there no one you can borrow a phone from or a call box nearby?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 6

pgn
Level 74: Whizz kid
  • 35213 Posts
  • 224 Topics
  • 1558 Solutions

Hi @chibipanda28

There is a short guide here to clearing cookies on Chrome on Android as well as configuring Chrome on Windows to auto-clear O2 cookies at every startup of the browser:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Android/Clearing-O2-cookies-in-Chrome-on-Android/m-p/1077704/highlight...

(if it helps!)

Message 5 of 6

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @chibipanda28, sorry to hear that you had trouble trying to access Live Chat over the weekend - did you have any luck with this since you last posted or are you still stuck?

Message 6 of 6