cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

02 Community Forum Feedback.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good Evening All.

In the interests of moving the forum forwards and shaking thinks up a little I would like to suggest that the Kudos points system could be removed and perhaps just the "Thumbs up" tab retained.

Maybe the post count removed.

The rank names removed and replaced with a more simple name format introduced.

For example :

Newbie.

Upcoming.

Established.

Trusted Member {which just stays at that.}.

At present the ranked names mean nothing to someone visiting the forum and does not represent the knowledge of the regular member. 

Just thinking out aloud.

What does everyone else think ?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thinking out loud too. How does the name "kudos" differ from "thumb up" in your opinion?

Message 2 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey,

A thumbs up tab is an easy way of expressing a thank you for helping out / replying with a helpful answer, or for another member to show that the answer given is a good and helpful one.

Kudos is outdated and sometimes sought after points system IMO.

On some forums people have taken to adding in their signatures "please hit the kudos"

Lots of new members don't even know what the current Kudos system is for, and rarely hit it anyway.

My real main point is the sometimes pointless and meaningless rank names.

Im not attacking the forum layout but just trying to grow it.

Message 3 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hehe, don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the word kudos. The more details I get, the better it is wink

Message 4 of 12

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93219 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6975 Solutions

I don't like kudos either as a word or as a option. Most of us using the badge settings don't opt to show kudos on there. Just never liked it to be honest.

This wasn't available on the old forum so when posts were transferred over, there were no kudos and solutions to be transferred with them. Hence the stats for people who were members of the old forum probably don't match up in the ratio of newer members.

All irrelevant to me as I stated elsewhere, I'm not on here to collect kudos.

Just my personal take on it.

Message 5 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I don't like kudos either as a word or as a option. Most of us using the badge settings don't opt to show kudos on there. Just never liked it to be honest.

This wasn't available on the old forum so when posts were transferred over, there were no kudos and solutions to be transferred with them. Hence the stats for people who were members of the old forum probably don't match up in the ratio of newer members.

All irrelevant to me as I stated elsewhere, I'm not on here to collect kudos.

Just my personal take on it.

Ha

Ive never even noticed the Kudo count being added to the badge ! 

Message 6 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23061 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

My real main point is the sometimes pointless and meaningless rank names.

The subject of rank names was discussed.....and discussed, and discussed, and discussed. If you wanted to wade through it all, it's here: http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/Your-suggestions-for-community-rank-names/m-p/385322#M29242

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 7 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think it'd hurt talking about it again, Bambino. It was quite a few months ago, not everybody likes change but people get used to it and occasionally like it too, eventually.

Message 8 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate the link Bambino.

Discussion is an ongoing process.

People got caught up in suggesting names, myself included, without thinking what they would mean to someone visiting the forum the first time.

Looking at some of these rank names as a first time poster I'd be thinking , whats all that about.

Some of them are pointless and a little silly.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

We can revisit names, that's not a big deal. Can't and won't promise it'd be a priority, but it's not something I'd say we can't discuss.

Message 10 of 12