Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unusable internet in sandal, west yorkshire

slowsandal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

for years the signal in sandal has been terrible, o2 does nothing to fix it, one bar of 4G at most, highest speed 1mbps, it is impossible to watch videos on my phone in this area, how do i make o2 sort this out. this area is only ONE MILE from a city centre

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7734 Posts
  • 151 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7158 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

If it's been like that for years then any fixes may be a long time coming.

Best to try some PAYG SIM cards on other networks then move to the best as soon as you are out of contract

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 13

slowsandal
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

i tried vodafone but they are the same, assuming because they share masts with o2, and ee is not an option because they gave me constant problems(but different to this one)

Message 4 of 13

slowsandal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

if i was the government i would fine phone networks 10% of their annual revenue if they dont provide adequate signal in all urban areas (bad signal in exremely rural areas is expected)

Message 5 of 13

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7158 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

Good plan to make the networks walk away from the UK

Relax the planning laws would be a good start

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 13

slowsandal
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

are local authorities blocking installations of phone masts, they should IGNORE NIMBYS and get the masts installed

Message 7 of 13

Oxonian
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 7734 Posts
  • 151 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

The answer to that @slowsandal is probably "yes", although changes to permitted development rights have eased the position slightly. But plenty of mast applications still seem to get refused. 

Our community member @japitts might be able offer greater insight on this. 👍 

Message 8 of 13

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10705 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@slowsandal 

Ask Kirkless Council, your local councillors and the local MP and have a look on your local planning authority website, and search for masts, and see why they get refused at Planning, and also why not ask local land owners why they dont want masts on their property, such a Wakefield Trinty, or the Rugby Union Club or Lawn Tennis club, why they dont want one or Network Rail for the Train Station...

O2 dont have to provide signal to any area if they dont want to, or where there is no ROI 

And to add I used to commute through Sandal on the train every weekday for 12 years and its always been garbage, so why people would choose o2 there I have no idea... plus Sandal is 2.6 miles from the centre of Wakefield..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 13

slowsandal
  • 17 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

it is notjust o2 that does not work there, vodafone is the same so i am going to assume every network wont work there

Message 10 of 13