Did you mean: 

unbelievable!

suedix
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

unbelievable

I start to write some feedback and even that gives me an error message!  I've spent several hours on the website and google trying to find an answer to what should be a relatively simple problem, followed by a visit to the o2 shop who referred me to 202, followed by several failed calls to 202 because I have just been referred back to the website, followed by two live chats, more website searches and finally another call to 202, when I went for the urgent/fraud option just to get to speak to an actual person, who was fantastic, raised a ticket and hopefully my problem will be resolved in the next 24 hours!  We'll see.  The website is atrocious, full of big graphics and no substance and impossibly difficult to get hold of someone.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @suedix ,

Thanks for your post and sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with the website recently. 😞 Appreciate you taking the time posting some feedback about it - we'll make sure to pass it on to O2. Don't hesitate to post again or send me a PM if you prefer if you'd like to add anything else to your feedback anytime.

Message 2 of 3

suedix
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

So this is the continuing saga, I am currently in a queue 43 minutes and counting.

My son let his battery go down on his apple watch (6) and couldn't remember the apple watch password.  He took advice from the o2 website which advised him to restore factory settings, restore back up.  He did but when it came to the point to set up mobile data, it said he had put in the incorrect o2 account details - he hadn't and we changed the password to make sure.  So we began to call o2 almost 3 hours ago and counting.   Today we are having the additional problem of a connection failure message.

The saga actually started when we bought him an apple watch 5 in September 2020 for his 18th birthday from John Lewis.  It did exactly the same thing and despite phone calls, emails, weekly visits to the store, more phone calls and emails, we were eventually advised to return the watch to John Lewis and purchase one from o2 so at least then o2 had to resolve the problem.  We did and as the 6 had come out, we went for that one.  When it arrived from o2 (December), it paired perfectly and worked fine, until he let the battery run down.  And then we had the same thing as last Sep/Oct.

We have seen lots of similar problems in the o2 community, they all say ring 202 customer services, but don't really say what the problem is or how it ends up getting resolved.  My phone, my son's phone and my son's watch are all on the same o2 account.

This is my 3rd phone call today.  50 minutes and counting.  In the first we were passed quite quickly through to a 3rd person (apple watch support team I think they said), who (because I gave both my married name and maiden name at the same time) was told that I had failed the GDPR check and would have to call back.  The second time, I was passed onto someone who did check something on the connection failure message but then passed me onto Apple Support who checked the phone and watch settings etc. and advised that from their end the watch/phone were fine and checked the EID on the apple watch app.  They advised that the ICCID had a long hyphen which meant that the cellular plan needed to complete some form of activation and that I would have to call 202 again.  

So here I am again 3rd call of the day, now 3 hours in and 56 minutes in this particular queue (this is the queue triaged to the apple watch support team again).  I am a teacher so can't call tomorrow or during the day and anyway my son will be 30 miles away in another school from tomorrow.  So I can now look forward to spending next Saturday on the phone to o2 as well.  The joys.  

O2 Gurus.  It's just not good enough.  You have to get o2 to do better.

Message 3 of 3